Sign in to follow this  
Flybynumbers

Gaming desktops to run fs 2020 smoothly.

10 minutes ago, aeromech84 said:

You guys make sure to change the QoS in your routers to make FS2020 have priority over the wife and kids' traffic too.

Or just make sure your flight PC has a hardwired Ethernet link to the router, and everyone else is in your home is on slower WiFi. That's my plan. 😉

• Like 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

That's just it the future of gaming is mobile if it requires wired internet it has a limited future and will never make big time, and appeal will become more limited as time goes on 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The latest Call Of Duty breaks records mobile version more than 100 million downloads. 

Raymond Fry.

6 hours ago, rjfry said:

That's just it the future of gaming is mobile if it requires wired internet it has a limited future and will never make big time, and appeal will become more limited as time goes on 

The future of gaming? Maybe mobile VR...but it would still be no match for a PC or game console with VR..plus you'd be using up data. No thanks. Mobile is definitely not the future in simulation. 

Edited by Flybynumbers

On 10/7/2019 at 8:13 PM, mcmini said:

Not to mention that it is considerably cheaper to build than to buy an already prebuilt. /.../

Hey Boris

I've built  several computers already (high end, low end) and I don't think its any cheaper than buying a prebuilt  one. I even think the contrary. But I exactly get what I want. Now prices vary from country to country. Speaking of France. 

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

23 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

The future of gaming? Maybe mobile VR...but it would still be no match for a PC or game console with VR. Mobile is definitely not the future in simulation. 

The problem is the industry will follow the money as they always do, mobile VR PC? you will not need a PC sometime in the future just steam it through your headset .

Raymond Fry.

9 minutes ago, rjfry said:

The problem is the industry will follow the money as they always do, mobile VR PC? you will not need a PC sometime in the future just steam it through your headset .

It's more than just VR..it's blending VR with physical controls...can't get that off a mobile device or download it from steam. 

43 minutes ago, Flybynumbers said:

It's more than just VR..it's blending VR with physical controls...can't get that off a mobile device or download it from steam. 

Or does he want to drive a car with a VR headhead on while texting? 

7 hours ago, Flamingpie said:

That's my current situation already but whenever I download something at full speed WiFi becomes slower and slower at my house and after a while it even stops working altogether. Somehow using all the available bandwidth on ethernet chokes WiFi...? I always have to cap my bandwidth to something like 10 MBps (or whatever abbreviation is appropriate) in order to let others enjoy their internet connection. I hope MSFS will do its miracles at slower internet speeds too.

Yeah, there are a lot of variables there. Some download servers have a cap on bandwidth, others are basically an open pipe with whatever your connection can handle. With a fast enough connection you can avoid throttling your networked WiFi with the former, but the latter will saturate the connection and your connected WiFi will suffer.

We don't know yet how the MSFS streaming servers will work, but I'm guessing it might be capped at some fixed rate. We'll see eventually.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Hey Boris

I've built  several computers already (high end, low end) and I don't think its any cheaper than buying a prebuilt  one. I even think the contrary. But I exactly get what I want. Now prices vary from country to country. Speaking of France. 

Interesting to know, at least in the USA where I live, my pc would be $200-$400 cheaper. Maybe prices do vary significantly in France.

Boris 

5 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Not if you use virtual controls, most of the sim is virtual cockpit plane aircraft scenery world all in a virtual world, a virtual car sitting at a virtual steering wheel. 

Raymond Fry.

6 hours ago, Casualcas said:

I want to drive with a VR HeadHead! :D

I have been on an off shore oil rig and never left land base, was show a VR training tool which shows you which valves control which flow.

VR will be used more in training in industry to reduce cost and in the airline industry re-training. 

Edited by rjfry

Raymond Fry.

On 10/3/2019 at 7:49 PM, Flybynumbers said:

This could probably handle it: Dell XPS 8930 Tower Desktop  

Dell XPS 8930 Tower Desktop - 8th Gen. Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core up to 4.60 GHz, 64GB DDR4 Memory, 8TB SATA Hard Drive, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6, DVD Burner, Windows 10 Pro, Black

Sorry I'm late to this game, but pfffftttt!!!! That's me barfing up a drink. 5,000 USD for that! Don't shoot yourself in the foot! First off, 8tb 5400rpm drive, no thanks. 64gb of ddr4 might be great for someone with a google chrome open tabbing issue, but anybody else will be just fine with 32gb and even 16gb is enough for most mere mortals. I put together a build on newegg like this:
Intel 9900k, 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC LGA 1151, Corsair 570X case, 2x 2tb m.2 intel 660P SSD's, GIGABYTE AORUS RTX 2080 TI 11GB, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Corsair H150i PRO Liquid cooler

total cost: 3,242.06 W/shipping

• Like 2

i5 7600k @5.1 ghz Liquid cooled, 1080ti Duke 11GB, 32GB DDR4 3400, 8TB m.2 PCIE NVME array intel 660P X 4, Oculus Rift, TM Hotas, TM TPR rudder,