Sign in to follow this  
aspeedbirdpilot

Micro Stutters when the plane touches down

Hello hoping everyone is having a good day i was just wondering. I have always had micro stutters when the main gear has contact with the runway when landing (on the PMDG 747) and i have never found a good solution to this  (this does not occur on aircraft such as the FSLABS or QW787) . I limited my frames, monitor refresh rate and settings and nothing seems to have done the trick yet. However not too long ago i found this in another forum from someone with this issue in 2014 in the FSX days saying: 'remove or rename fx_skidmark.fx from "effects" folder.' Apparently this worked for the people in the forum. Is this a valid fix and could someone that has tried or knows it will work let me know. Thanks

Try going into the FMC and finding the option to preload the sounds. That has helped some to eliminate the stutters on touch down or takeoff. It’s in the PMDG Setup-Options-Sounds

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rename or delete default skidmark.fx from effects folder, and see if that helps.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If it's neither of the two great suggestions above, I remember fx_tchdwn.fx in the effects folder being a culprit a while ago.

Made a copy, deleted all of the text in the file. Left with a blank fx file and no problems.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

roger thanks guys i will try and remove 'fx_skidmark.fx' and see if that works as its the most used method from what i saw. I will update this if it works

Hey guys i had a long brake and now i am back and i do apologise for this late reply. I would like to inform you guys that i have fixed it through pre-load sounds. Even do sometimes i get a bit of stuttering on 747. Its much more flyable than it used to be and thank you guys for all the support. Safe flights