Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceFreeburger

The 2005 User Demographic Poll

Guest Tom Main

Tom,Had fun in San Diego, looking forward to next year. Here are a few questions I would like to see...1. What do you think is a reasonable price for a sophisticated add-on?a. Under $20b. $25 - $30c. $30 - $35d. $35 - $40e. $40 - $50f. $50 or overg. Who buys add-on?h. I'll pay anything if the product is good.2. How long have you been flying with Flight Simulators?a. Less than a yearb. 1 - 2 yearsc. 2 - 3 yearsd. 3 - 4 yearse. 4 - 5 yearsf. over 5 yearsg. Flight Simulators?!? What are those!3. If you purchase products online, what concerns you most (besides the actual product quality)? a. Priceb. Customer Servicec. Refund Policyd. Locality of companye. Company reputationf. I don't buy products online4. Have you ever gone to ANY flight sim convention or trade show?a. Yesb. No5. If you have NEVER gone to a flight sim convention or trade show, why not?a. Costs too muchb. I am too youngc. Never liked the locationsd. Not enough to see or do at the show(s)e. Too far to travelf. I am a hermit and never get out anywayg. OtherHope these will make it.Best,Tom Main

Three suggestions for new survey:1. Use cookie or other means to prevent repeated voting by same persons.2. Current question about video cards leads to misleading characterization, as it makes ATI look like majority card, because there are separate categories for nVidia GeForce cards. Idea: one question for nVidia, ATI, or others, and separate question(s)for which models.3. For each response in survey summary display, color bar should be below percentage, or better, in a third column. Colar bars currently in line above responses is confusing.Thanks,Doug Horton

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Arthur, King of the BritonsTo Seek the Holy GrailWhat do you mean, African or European swallow?Anyway, I like your examples, Bob. How about this also:If you use a joystick, what brand?Does your joystick have force feedback?------------------intermission-----------------------------:-lol, sorry:-lolIf so, do you fly with forces enabled?Do you fly/practice flying aerobatics?-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!

I would like to see:"What do you use for ATC:a. Online ATC (eg.VATSIM)b. Radar Contactc. Other third party ATC.d. FS9 default ATC.e. I usually do not use ATC at all."Thanks- Bruce.

Guest ev_viper

My question would be:In which part of the simulated world you are usally flying? Would you consider flying in a part of the world not yet covered by the (mainstream) flight simulator community. Think about Indonesia, Malaysia, Africa, India for example, which are all really beautifull and interesting areas to fly and explore.How do you feel about the xxx-th renderation of THE SAME US airports (again, sigh...) opposed to a really good renderation of a lesser know airport. Think about Kuala Lumur Sepang for example, which is a state of the art airport, or a really good renderation of New Delhi (which simulator version was it that we last saw New Delhi)ev_viper

Guest ith266

What type of flight controls do you use1) Keyboard/gamepad2) Joystick3) Force feedback Joystick4) Seperate throtle/joystick (like the Saitek X45)5) yoke/pedels

Guest BruceFreeburger

Tom, The survey only asks what flight sim you use 51% of the time. Some of us use a second or a third flight sim. I use FS98 on my laptop, for example. I will still occasionally download an X-plane file, or even a Fly II scenery and run them. But only FS2004 went on my answer. Cheers, Bruce Freeburger