Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceFreeburger

The 2005 User Demographic Poll

We are nearing the point where we will start putting together the 2005 User Demographic poll. What questions would you like to see asked? We'll consider your input in creating our new demographic. So, here's your chance to make the poll more relevent for you! Give us your questions and help us make the poll as good as it can be.

Guest PDX Bailey

Questions:Are you a real world pilot?Do you prefer smaller GA vs. the Heavies?Do you prefer flying just to look at the scenery?Do you prefer more complex realistic aircraft addon's or easier to fly ones?Age?Sex?

I guess I should have suggested that folks look at our previous survey before posting suggested questions here. Please do look at those questions as most will be in the next survey. We are looking for further questions beyond the ones already in place. You can view the previous survey here:http://www.avsim.com/nabopoll/result.php?surv=5

Guest Kilstorm McBride

Since the USA was the dominate leader in last years poll, it would be great to see a demo of which state the users live in to give an idea of what states have the most users. This could also be done for the UK, Germany and Canada at least in regions.Kilstorm

Guest georg

PDX Bailey has good questions, it would be interesting to get answers to those from the large audience of flight simmers who visit here.

>>Do you prefer flying just to look at the scenery?>>Do you prefer more complex realistic aircraft addon's or>easier to fly ones?>I need to take these two questions, which border on the simplistic side of simming, and perhaps make them a little more complicated.Yes, I prefer to look at the scenery, because that's my preference in real life flight. But then I want the scenery (mountains preferred), to be as complex topography wise & as real looking, as possible. I want to visually pinpoint all lakes, rivers and highways, and every little obscure airstrip in it's proper place & orientation. The airstrips may require additional altitude data points for a more realistic surrounding topography; such as actual heights to clear, at actual distances from the runway ends. I have little use for simming across the world from point A to B at high altitudes. And, since I really don't care for flying commercial airliners at 30,000+ feet, I want smaller aircraft to contain these little glass wonders, such as the Garmin 1000 or Avidyne systems, with "everything" working. These cockpits won't be as complex as a two or three crew airliner, but complex enough for keeping current in the real aircraft with that particular panel.In other words, I'd have to answer "yes & no", to the above two questions, but it wouldn't really mean that I'm just a casual simmmer who wants to "play" flying, with no real purpose.L.Adamson

Guest Rockcliffe

A few quick questions that come to mind...What do you consider to be the the minimum acceptable frame rates per second for flight simulator?How long is your typical flight simulator session?Do you prefer to fly and master just a few aircraft, or do you fly something new each time?What forums do you frequent most? (I find there are many Avsim forums that have little or no activity)What is the most you have spent on a payware addon? What would be the most you would be willing to spend?Do you prefer using the virtual cockpit or the 2d panel?BlairCYOW

Guest bobsk8

Do you fly on Vatsim-IVAO, or use FS9 ATC?Do you hand fly ILS's and approaches or use autopilot and autoland

Guest baksteen33

- Compared to FS9, do you feel Microsoft should raise the minimum PC requirements for FS'X'? Case you do, by which factor? Options; no, 2x, 3x, 4x, more than 4x. - Would you welcome a 'fog-in' or similar function to achieve and maintain a defined framerate? If yes, which method would you prefer? Options; no, fog-in, automatic AI-traffic reduction, stutters :-)Proposals welcome... - Would the addition of ATC voices with a foreign accent make you an even happier FS-user? If yes, what kind of voices would you prefer (please select a package)? Options; no, a british-german-italian package, french-iberian-russian, indian-chinese-aussie, german-iberian-chinese. - Do you believe FS'X' should include support of multi-core CPUs and/or multiple CPUs? Options; y/n Please excuse if a question was mentioned already. Good luck and kind regards Jaap

Guest Daniel Pimentel

How would you rate your knowledge of real-world aviation?Do you start flying right away, or do you take time out to do pre-flights, procedures, etc?What is your favorite aircraft manufacturer? (:-lol)If you had to pick between keeping only your freeware or payware add-ons, which would you rather keep?Just off the top of my head. :)Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

>Do you prefer using the virtual cockpit or the 2d panel?>And that would have to be broken down to perhaps, GA size or commercial airliner cockpits. My preference is different between the two types.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!How 'bout which do you prefer more attention to be paid to, systems/avionics fidelity or enhanced visual features like extra views or wildlife on the ground? Working windsheild wipers or a plane that responds correctly to water/ice on the runway etc...? What would you be willing to pay for a shell that would supply more native support than any currently do as default so addon devs could have an easier time giving you more types of realistic planes you want, either freeware or payware? And I think it would be interesting maybe to be more specific than "primary sim", maybe 1 primary with a chance to check or write in all that are on your HD currently. And "have you ever tried a freeware flite sim shell?" would be an interesting one to keep track of thru the upcoming years.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

1. What...is your name?2. What...is your quest?3. What...is the velocity of a laden swallow?OK, seriously...Question 6 didn't have an option for pilot or aircrew member...would like to know how many folks earn their keep as crew dogs. Also, an option for military might be interesting.Q 13 needs updating for the latest video cards, and recommend spinning off a second question on amount of video RAM.Q 19 if you have a real world pilot certificate, what level of qualification do you hold...and are you instrument rated?Q 22 is a trick question, as there are no other sites like AVSIM ;-)Q 26 instead of "what is your favorite" ask which types of acft people actively fly.Do you use multiple monitors with FS?What type of sound card do you use?What type of speakers/sound devices do you use?Do you use a headset? If so, what type (USB, through sound card)Do you use multiple networked PCs when simming? How many?Do you use a flight planning program to prepare for your flights?Do you prefer to use current navigation data when simming?Do you use a hardware control yoke built specifically for flight simming?Do you use hardware rudder pedals?Do you use a hardware throttle quadrant? Is it multi-engine capable?Is your joystick or input device serial, USB, or game-port connected?Have you attended a simulation-related event in the last year? Last three years?Do you use a weather add-on?Do you use current real-world weather data or an offline mode?Have you ever simmed under the influence of alcohol? If so, were your landings better that way? And if so, are you a member of virtual Northwest Airlines?Without reference to other documents, what are the names of your wife and children?Have you ever been required by FARs to add the "Heavy" callsign suffix to your wife's name?Have you ever called in sick to work so you could be first to download the latest PMDG release?That's all I can think of for now...CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Are there any measures we should take as moderators to keep the forums in line? Be as drastic as you want in your answers. What annoys you about others?JimCYWG

Guest dpc

How much time per week do you spend "surfing" FS related sites?Percentage of time on AVSIM as it relates to total surfing?Do you spend more time viewing sites or actually using FS?