Sign in to follow this  
LesOReilly

Window Mode Touch issue (resolved)

Hey Jean-Luc,

One of my buddies is running P3Dv3.4 and he also has the same issue as I have with regards to the pop and click stuff.....I think you already figured this out but thought I would just add for clarification.

Thanks again for looking into this extremely small bug that is affecting very few of your customers...It would have been an easy one to just leave it with the Lock windows or "is what it is"...

Thanks!

Les O'Reilly

excellent this sounds great 🙂  Maybe add that to the Advanced option like the No Bezel option 🙂  So that way I don't have to edit the INI file....heheheh

Oh and on p3dv3.4 I have sent the question to my friend since I no longer have it installed so can't check on my own for you....Will come back and comment when he gets a chance to look into it.

Edited by LesOReilly

Les O'Reilly

So I have done the update.  I can not find any mention of this setting in the new manual.  Just following the release notes I have changed this value to true..

Here is my ini file settings for the window I drag out.

I am not able to get it to stay in place unless I still activate the Lock window from the right click on the bezel edge of the window or leave P3D in Window mode not full screen.

[GTN_750_1.RSG]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 2
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = true
; enable touch beyond screen bounds if true (2D only), clip if false (GTN native).
extendtouch = false
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize = 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

Les O'Reilly

Hi,

There is a typo in the release notes (which I'll change right away).

Use instead: usealtcursor

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 11/14/2019 at 9:20 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

There is a typo in the release notes (which I'll change right away).

Use instead: usealtcursor

nope still not working -- the window will slide around....I have to use the Lock window function.....

Les O'Reilly

Are you noticing the hand cursor is the standard P3D4 hand cursor instead of the RXP hand cursor when using "usealtcursor = true"?

If you don't this means it didn't use the native cursor and didn't workaround the issue.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

It looks like it had the hand for a moment and then changes when I am holding down on the screen....

I am in Singapore and not back at the house until the 25th in the morning...I can make a video of it if you like.

Les O'Reilly

Hello to you both,

I read this thread with interest because I encounter the same issue.  Did you made any step on that matter ?

I am running P3D 4.5 64b  with RXP GTN650 running on a view unlocked and moved to the RealSimGear GTN650 device with touchscreen included.  I do not have the "lock" option when right click on the touchscreen.

Therefore this option is available on another classic screen used to display the RXP GNS530. I can dock the GNS530 on its own external screen.

Thanks

Philippe

VTA.png

53 minutes ago, FlyPingu said:

I do not have the "lock" option when right click on the touchscreen.

Hi,

Have you manually added the new setting in the rendering section?

GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
usealtcursor = true
nobezel = true
border.size = 2

When 'true' it uses the simulator 'hand' cursor instead of RXP's and this should be remarkable.

If this is not working for you, you can still right-click the detached window resize handles to display the popup menu, otherwise you can go to the view menu when the GTN window is the active one. In addition you can set a border around the GTN screen only window (see border.size = ) to get some additional area to right click around the screen within the window.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

I made the test tonight : 

the parameter usealtcursor = true  has been aded in the RXP GTN.ini located in the aircraft folder

[GTN_650_1.DEFAULT]
;to disable the finger move
usealtcursor = true
nobezel = true
border.size = 2

The behavior is "too much" :  the windows is locked on move... but no more interaction with the touchscreen. It is like I am typing on a regular screen with my finger !

So I tried adding border.size=2 and I was able to popup the view contextual menu to select Lock and the window is now locked and does not move anymore when pressing the screen !!!

Thanks for the tip

Rgds

Philippe

• Like 2

VTA.png

Don't know if this has been solved yet..

usealtcursor = true

I tried the fix above and while it worked momentarily to scroll the GTN map around while in fullscreen mode- the moment I took my mouse and tried to move it back to the main P3D screen, it caused the sides of the GTN-no-bezel to stretch, as if I was clicking and holding down. I don't quite understand how you fixed it @FlyPingu

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Sorry I did not saw your post until now bjratchf

The problem is not totally fixed on my side. 

It looks like the touchscreen confirguration is lost between two reboots and not taken correctly at each PC start.  The GPS panel window (RXP GNS650) is well loaded on the FlighSimGear GNS device (I saved a scenario under P3D for)  but when I touch the screen with my finger, the cursor cross is not below my tip but 2 or 3cm (approx 1") far  away...   If I redo the calibration it is back ok....  until a reboot where somehow the last configuration is not taken...

I did not investigated more on by now. As soon as I can, I will.

Have a nice week-end

VTA.png

Please understand the only thing we're doing is using the SDK to display a gauge, then P3D is rendering the gauge in a P3D window with P3D mouse input handling and window handling. It looks like P3D is really poor in this department.

Using a native SDK cursor instead of a custom RXP cursor do solve the issue of 'dragging' the window. You have to make sure you're using this setting (usealtcursor) in the correct 'rendering' section. This means if you've configured the RXP GTN 750 Unit #1 gauge with a 5th param, NAME_OF_THE_SECTION, which names a rendering section, the setting must be added in the [GTN_750_1.NAME_OF_THE_SECTION]

Just wondering if the border.size = 2 option followed by locking the undocked window is still the preferred approach for using the RXP GTNs with RealSimGear devices?

I tried out:

usealtcursor = true

...but ended up with the behavior bjratchf described (the GTN window edges seemingly "stuck" to the mouse cursor and randomly resizing).