Sign in to follow this  
maverickr

Blacked out window

Hello all,For whatever reason I had to re-install FS9. Now at the "select an aircraft" screen it's black. I did nothing to the innards of FS( other than install.Could someone help me get my screen working?ThanksMike

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Is it all your aircraft or just the default one? If all, check it has your aircraft folder in the right place and that there isn't another inside that one and if it's only one then i think that is a title wrong in the aircraft cfg.Andy.

Is this just the aircraft picture that is black - a known problem - or the whole screen?John R

Guest allcott

Check your anti aliasing settings. and you may need to update your graphic card drivers. Allcott

Hello there, this is not abnormal in any sense. I've had this with every newer driver with my Nvidia cards. This is something that has never been resolved by Nvidia. I assume you have an Nvidia based video card? I don't think this has happend with any other types. Anyway, as long as you use AA settings above 4X , it will be like this. However, everything in FS9 should work just fine. It can be a hassle when you want to preview the aircraft when selecting them. If you need to see the plane, just alt/enter to windowed mode, then alt/enter again. I've been doing this without problems. If you have an older card EX: 6800GT AGP (my old card) you can use one of the older drivers and you won't have this problem. I believe any driver above 71.89 is when this started to happen. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all the suggestions.Yes, I do have a Nvidia card and yes, I had the AA settings at 8x on the card(not the program). Went to 4x and everything is fine.Mike

Guys, I have the exact same problem. I hate to sound stupid, but can someone tell me how to adjust the AA settings on the card as opposed to the game? I have tried going to the control panel and going to the nvidia control panel but I can't seem to find the AA settings. Thanks for any help!