Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

[Answered] The FSPXAI payware 777

The FSPXAI payware 777 series just got updated to both PBR textures and to add light effects as attached objects.

11 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The FSPXAI payware 777 series just got updated to both PBR textures and to add light effects as attached objects.

Hi,

Many thanks for your report, we will wait a couple of day to ensure all updates have been apply and test if this model is now P3D SDK complaint.

S.

It has attached light effects when viewed in MCX. The most recent version of the AIG AI Manager (0.9.2.10) asks to install the new model.

13 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It has attached light effects when viewed in MCX. The most recent version of the AIG AI Manager (0.9.2.10) asks to install the new model.

As I said I will inspect the model to confirm later.. previous models also had attached effects but they were not done as per P3D SDK specifications.

S.

*UPDATE*

Unfortunately this model is also outside of the scope of P3D SDK Guidelines in term of lighting.

• All effects are attached via the .MDL which is fine, this is a way to do it via the P3D SDK. But the landing effects were declared as fx_BO1land.. P3D SDK says very clearly they need to be declared as fx_landing, this ways P3D automatically calculates the amount of Dinamyc light and many other parameters for these type of lights. Same thing was done with taxi lights.
  • The model has multiple navigation effects, for example: nav white larger, another nav white middle, nav red small, nav middle, etc. this is not how P3D instruct to install these lights.. looks like this is an attempt to do his own effects scaling instead of allowing P3D shaders (via GPU) to handle this. Also instead of using navigation "green" lights it has been declared as BLUE? This is not only outside of the scope of P3D SDK guidelines but also outside of FAA and EASA rules. Airplanes don't have BLUE navigation lights!.

Given all these issues will cause problems with AI Lights Reborn I cannot support this model with AILRP.

I emailed Missi now 3 times to try to work together.. but I get no answer. I can't keep trying to convince 1 developer to do things right.

Traffic Global and many other developers listened to my suggestions and are following the P3D SDK without any issues. So I don't get why this is so hard to be done by FSPXAI.

Best wishes.

Simbol

• Upvote 1

Dear Simbol,

thank you for your ever tedious efforts to check things for yr program and most importantly for us, your customers.

I have various FSPXAI packages, paid with good money, and I must say that it is very disappointing to say the least that things are still not properly worked out by FSPXAI.

This will surely over time result in a walkaway from such developers, others will gain soil.

Unless they fall in P3D SDK line.

Also it is noatble that with this 777 FSPXAI update 4.1 the amount of models contained are far less than within stage 4.01. Again: disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Andreasmb said:

Dear Simbol,

thank you for your ever tedious efforts to check things for yr program and most importantly for us, your customers.

I have various FSPXAI packages, paid with good money, and I must say that it is very disappointing to say the least that things are still not properly worked out by FSPXAI.

This will surely over time result in a walkaway from such developers, others will gain soil.

Unless they fall in P3D SDK line.

Also it is noatble that with this 777 FSPXAI update 4.1 the amount of models contained are far less than within stage 4.01. Again: disappointing.

No worries,

@Kaiii3 and other kind customers are now arranging Missi to email me.

Apparently my emails went to his spam, so there might be still some hope.

S.

49 minutes ago, simbol said:

** UPDATE **

I just managed to get Mitsuhi via his private Facebook Account.. I am  finally in touch.

S.

Ok Mitsuhi understand now what should be done.

S.

• Like 1