Sign in to follow this  
Manny

What are you Flying in FSX

Guest pcartierkbdl

Normally when a new Microsoft Flight Simulator hits the streets I am out the door and waiting in line, but not this time, why? Because of all my payware planes might not work in FSX. I have LEVEL-D PMDG PSS Fanda Dash-8 Flight 1 ATR etc.So if I upgrade to FSX what am I going to fly the default Cessna? I think that

I get your point, but you do have 23 other airplanes to fly in the sim besides the Cessna. The Beaver and Baron are very good for default planes, but I get the impression from your list that you're not a big GA flyer. I'm sure the payware developers are toiling away at making their more recent products FSX-friendly. Given ACES has been talking to the 3rd party devs for some time now, I wouldn't be surprised if updates are released close to the 17th.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest pcartierkbdl

Hi Jon,Yes you are right not a big GA man into flying those hard-core Airliners! but I am sure the developers will be upgrading our planes soon, I just think it's going to take some time for those complex ones ie: Level-D, Flight 1 ATR-Paul C

Guest archtx

I don't have the Beta....but I have imported several planes into the Demo version. They seem to work fine. I don't think you'll have any problem with the majority of your planes. I'm using the FS9 DC-3 for AI traffic....and all of my flying around has been in Milton Shupe's Spartan Executive. If you have the demo, why not take a few minutes to import your FS9 favorites and see what you think? The only problem I've seen has been with pre-FS9 gauges.

His concern, as is mine, is the big payware complex birds, PMDG, LDS etc - for some of us the excellent but typically less complex freeware airliners/panels just are not enough anymore. Don't mean to sound stuffy or ungrateful, but tastes evolve.So we have to wait for compatibility - I've seen shots of the 744 running in FSX already, but PMDG still has lots to do. LDS will take a while given the latest info in the forums.Anyway, if ever a sim is going to convert me to more GA, it's FSX :) - we'll see.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Many aircrafts from FS9 runs right off the bat in FSX.1. F1's ATR,2. Aeroworks King air 3. Allmost all Real Air's aircrafts4. Caronado's aircraftsEven some old ones like Dreemfleets Archer runs as is in FSX. I am sure..there are a lot more. I haven't had tome to try them out other than the ones I have listed.All of them run as is.Few that don't run as is... would run with an update ASAP. Eaglsesoft Cirrus, PMDG 747 etc...Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest pcartierkbdl

Manny,Thanks, that great news that Aeroworks King air and the F1-ATR worksnow I have a reason to aleast give it a try.-Paul

Manny, I haven't been able to get the Aeroworx King Air to work. Perhaps I did something wrong. ( I dragged/dropped all folders assoc. with it)to FSX aircraft folder.Thanks in advance,Craig

same hereATR72 (no electrical bus)and aeroworx King Air (no AP in that one)***new demo only***allen

Craig, Allen.Hmmm.... Let me try to recall..what I did. BTW.. if you search here... you might find a thread where the "How tos" were discussed.1. I copied the aircraft folders ofcourse.2. I then copied the Guages.3. I copied the Effects.4. I then copied from the Flight Simulator 9/Textures/ folder. There are textures there that belong to the specific payware. if you sort it by file name.. you can figure it out. RASspitIV*.* would belong to the Real Air Spit fire for e.g. Except you have to copy these files into your FSX aircraft's texture folder for each variant. If you have three variant of this aircraft, you have to copy it to each of the variant "texture" folder.I think that was it.MannyAllen,Well..It hadn't deleted my addon folders.. its still there. Allen the AP for the Aeoroworx Beach King air seems to work. Atleast the hold altitude and hdg. I have not tested each of these aircrafts so thorougly as to see if each and every function works or not. Are you able to use the AP and at all?I think..I may have been wrong about the ATR. My guages are missing in the ATR... Hmmm...

Manny

The King Air "AP-engage" will not turn ON after presetting the power switch for the consol.but I did get the flood lights to work in the VC cabin after tranferring FS9 effects folrder's content over. allen

>The King Air "AP-engage" will not turn ON after presetting>the power switch for the consol.>>but I did get the flood lights to work in the VC cabin after>tranferring FS9 effects folrder's content over. >>allen>>>>>Hmm...I just flew around the King air using the Autopilot.The guages are missing in the ATR. Hmmm... I thought I remember I had this earlier. Maybe I made a mistake about the ATR. Maybe I didn;t bring it over. sorry about that.

Manny