Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

FS in 1st Person POV...

>I respect your opinion. But I am beginning to loathe the way>your pontificate and pass judgement on HOW things should be>said. Just who appointed you Pope of Flight Sim? You seem to>have taken to doing this a lot lately, It's getting tiresome.>If you don't like the manner or vehemence, don't read it or>just quit coming here.Yep, just like your obtuse and purblind comments as of late. Is it really necessary to be so antagonistic? Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

"I respect your opinion. But I am beginning to loathe the way your pontificate and pass judgement on HOW things should be said. Just who appointed you Pope of Flight Sim? You seem to have taken to doing this a lot lately, It's getting tiresome. If you don't like the manner or vehemence, don't read it or just quit coming here. I express my opinion, and you express yours. I don't need you to tell me how to express my opinion, and if you want to water down the passion and belief that comes out often in discussions like this in others, then express yourself in the emotive terms you use above you are actually becoming the worst form of forum abuser. The Hypocrite."B.S.! Allcott. I think you are trying to shift the burden of being responsible and saying things with respect for others from yourself to me--kids do that, and it really makes me wonder about you. I've had a handful of posts in this forum the last few months, so don't accuse me of "doing this a lot lately". I stated an opinion and called two users to task on snide remarks made in their comments. You can have an opinion, but you don't have a blank check and "shotgun attacks" like calling a simmers' passions that of a twelve year old speaks of a problem you need to deal with. I challenge anyone to do a query of your posts over the past year and if they believe you hold the moral high ground of these forums, I'm outta here. It seems even when I am absent a few months, there's still some who'd rather not see me at all. Don't like the smell of your own .....?-John

Guest allcott

>>I respect your opinion. But I am beginning to loathe the>way>>your pontificate and pass judgement on HOW things should be>>said. Just who appointed you Pope of Flight Sim? You seem to>>have taken to doing this a lot lately, It's getting>tiresome.>>If you don't like the manner or vehemence, don't read it or>>just quit coming here.>>Yep, just like your obtuse and purblind comments as of late.>Is it really necessary to be so antagonistic? >>>>Regards, Michael>KDFWIs it necessary to misuse the topic to patronise rather than contribute? Ah wait, maybe it is necessary to be antagonistic so that those who are so keen to point out the specks in others eyes may no longer be blind to the logs in their own?Meanwhile back at the ranch, I can see the point of the question, but I don't think the critieria that has been used is likely to appeal to either simmers or gamers - it's too trite for the former unless there is interraction with the scenery, aircraft and everything else, so that failure to do it right means something goes wrong. And its too complicated for the gamer who wants to just jump in and go. And if you're looking for immerssion, NO-ONE wanders over to another airplane and just climbs in. Not in this day and age. So to make it less facile for the hardened simmer there's need to be qualifications to fly the airplane you wandered up to. And keys, and written permisssion, And insurance. And an appropriate endorsement. Yes, we're back to certificates - and look how unsuccessful that idea was in earlier versions of the sim - among the seasoned simmers. It's a gamers thing, `certificates`. So there's a line drawn, right there. As an option, an addon, bring it to market and let the market decide. Those that want it can have it, those that don't need not. But even among the `diehards` there doesn't seem to be a consensus, not even by the fifth page of this thread, so it would be a risky gamble. Allcott

Guest killerwatt

>>>>"What you guys are talking here is some kind of airport>>simulation. Which is different from flight simulator and>what>>you need is something else which fits this purpose.">>>>It's been forty years since I first flew, in a Lockheed>>Electra. That fired up a love of aviation in my then five>>year old imagination which has lasted to this day. And I>>still am amused when people come in and define "flight" as>if>>it has a fixed meaning. It doesn't. "Flight" existed long>>before there were airplanes. One trillion birds and insects>>couldn't be wrong.>>>>Whether you're a passive observer or in the cockpit, behind>a>>FMS or dangling under a Trike, you are experiencing flight. >>Whether you're watching on the ground, walking around the>>tarmac, or staring at the wing, you are using the sim for>just>>as much a valid purpose as the simmer who is logged into>>VATSIM from morning to dusk.>>>>I think the member here asked a pretty innocent question,>and>>still it fires up debate and snide comments "What are you>lot>>on?" and "Excellent for twelve year olds" that don't belong,>>in my opinion, in any forum that celebrates a product that>>celebrates flight. >>>>I think the best answer is "I wouldn't use the sim that way">>and leave it at that. But ultimately this sim is an>>entertainment title. All the eye candy is there for a>>reason--to sell copies of a product that subsidizes our>>greater interest in aviation. Most of us are "hard core">>here, many of us spend time in real aircraft. I actually>find>>the question asked in this tread pretty intuitive. For me,>>walking out to the Allegro or Kitfox to do a preflight,>>getting a whiff of Avgas, watching the aircraft in the>>pattern--is as breathtaking as that first sign of the wings>>feeling light or a final with crosswinds. I love Flight. I>>don't have to be in the air all the time to be part of>>Flight.>>>>-John>>I respect your opinion. But I am beginning to loathe the way>your pontificate and pass judgement on HOW things should be>said. Just who appointed you Pope of Flight Sim? You seem to>have taken to doing this a lot lately, It's getting tiresome.>If you don't like the manner or vehemence, don't read it or>just quit coming here. >>I express my opinion, and you express yours. I don't need you>to tell me how to express my opinion, and if you want to water>down the passion and belief that comes out often in>discussions like this in others, then express yourself in the>emotive terms you use above you are actually becoming the>worst form of forum abuser. The Hypocrite.>>>AllcottNow I may have respected your opinion Allcott, but you lost the argument as soon as you descended into name calling in an attempt to state your case. At that point the argument was lost and your credibility was destroyed.

No, you weren't just writing what you felt. You tried to tell the world how they should feel. You gave a definition, and then you told us not to cross the line. In my book, THAT is crossing the line.Telling us how you feel would have been something like -"My ideal flight sim would be one that concentrates solely on the aspect when I am in the air flying. Therefore, I do would not be interested in this functionality".Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest Babubhai

Well said Allcot. I said I was not going to post on this topic anymore, but just one last post.People are taking about simulating a pilots career, what next? A flight simulator inside a flight simulator? LOL

Guest Leafhopper

You start Flight Simulator. You pick where to start your flight:On the activeon the tarmacat the gateat GA ParkingNEW: Start at your house. You get in your SUV and fight traffic for 45 minutes to an hour to get to the airport (score 100 points if you arrive not more than 10 minutes late - lose 50 points if you have a fender bender on the way, lose 500 points if you run out gas.Go through security and gain 10 points if you pass the first time, lose 10 points for every item you're not allowed through security with.Walk out to A/C parking and pick your plane, or, if commercial, check in at flight center ops and do what ever they do. Get 100 points if you get it right the first time.Get in cockpit after walk around pre-flight. Do your checklist right get 100 points. For commercial pilots, you get a crew whose competency is randomized. You get passengers and maintenance that are randomized. You get weather real time or randomized. You must read all realtime NOTAMS etc. or lose 100 points. Depending on weather you may need to order de-icing (all visually animated)of if you don't, you suffer the consequences. After 3.5 hours you are finally airborne. That's as real as it gets! Hmmm. I like cntrl E on the active most of the time, but for some the above would be the cats meow. Not everyone uses FS the way I do, and I don't use it the way some want me to - but I love it anyway!

Guest cwright

I'm sure what you described represents the future for Flight Simulator.I've always been interested in flight simulators but I'm more interested in the world: that means people, human intelligence, cars, animals, beautiful scenery etc etc - and, yes, aircraft. Without people, Flight Simulator now strikes me as a bit sterile. I'm hoping that maybe in missions it will be possible to add realistic, animated people, hopefully in the cockpit. Certainly a video of the oil rig mission showed what appeared to be realistic animated people.Even if Flight Simulator migrates toward something that might more accurately be called a 'world simulator', there's no reason why there shouldn't still be enough detail to keep the hard core simmers happy!Best regards, Chris