Sign in to follow this  
TurboKen

Autopilot Throttle?

OK whats the trick?

I can turn on autopilot set a heading and the plane adjusts to my heading. I set an altitude and it stays or goes where I select. But as soon as I set my speed it does not care, it will not adjust the throttle at all? Sometimes it will actually try to hit the speed I select by putting the plane in a dive and disregard the altitude hold. I have nearly the same autopilot in the TBM and it works perfectly so it seems like a bug, anyone get the Phenom to work correctly?

Edited by TurboKen

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

There's no 'trick'. Like most other Bizjets the Phenom isn't autothrottle equipped. Neither is the TBM.

Edited by FDEdev

On 12/10/2019 at 7:46 AM, FDEdev said:

There's no 'trick'. Like most other Bizjets the Phenom isn't autothrottle equipped. Neither is the TBM.

Well that would explain why I cant get it to work...  

Also, you are right on the TBM, I was thinking of another plane. 

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Did you modify the auto-throttle parameters in the aircraft.cfg?

These should work:
autothrottle_available=    1
autothrottle_arming_required= 0
autothrottle_max_rpm =   98
autothrottle_takeoff_ga= 0

It works in my Phenoms.

• Like 1

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

On 12/19/2019 at 10:02 PM, jfrex said:

Did you modify the auto-throttle parameters in the aircraft.cfg?

These should work:
autothrottle_available=    1
autothrottle_arming_required= 0
autothrottle_max_rpm =   98
autothrottle_takeoff_ga= 0

It works in my Phenoms.

Question before I mod my Phenoms. are you using the FLC knob (if so does that elim the FLC) or something else for the autothrottle?

Edited by rwilson881

Hi Folks.

Here's what I do and it works for me. I am not a RW pilot but I find that trial and error in the sim is the best way to find out the little foibles of indiviual aircraft in the sim.

The weight of the aircraft determines the V speeds, I select an airspeed for the initial climb out and then after gear up and flaps inboard I set the power to climb and check the indicated airspeed. As it approaches the selected airspeed, I activate FLC mode and monitor the trend in the airspeed tape. The aircraft will adjust pitch to aquire the selected airspeed, I have to do my bit as pilot by monitoring the trend indicator and adjust power to match the trend. Once the power setting and pitch angle match the airspeed, I leave well alone and simply monitor. If I am cleared to a new FL or altitude I select an appropriate VS and adjust the power to match my desired airspeed. I find that it is all about power and pitch to match my selected airspeed.

There are some very good YT videos by Jesse Flies. He pilots the 300 in and out of various airfields in the US and Mexico.

Best Regards...Ken.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, kenny584 said:

Hi Folks.

Here's what I do and it works for me. I am not a RW pilot but I find that trial and error in the sim is the best way to find out the little foibles of indiviual aircraft in the sim.

The weight of the aircraft determines the V speeds, I select an airspeed for the initial climb out and then after gear up and flaps inboard I set the power to climb and check the indicated airspeed. As it approaches the selected airspeed, I activate FLC mode and monitor the trend in the airspeed tape. The aircraft will adjust pitch to aquire the selected airspeed, I have to do my bit as pilot by monitoring the trend indicator and adjust power to match the trend. Once the power setting and pitch angle match the airspeed, I leave well alone and simply monitor. If I am cleared to a new FL or altitude I select an appropriate VS and adjust the power to match my desired airspeed. I find that it is all about power and pitch to match my selected airspeed.

There are some very good YT videos by Jesse Flies. He pilots the 300 in and out of various airfields in the US and Mexico.

Best Regards...Ken.

Yes YT Jesse flies was a great Phenom 300 source of info, unfortunately for us he went on to the airlines. Your narrative is good and very close to mine. Still waiting to hear from jfrex about the mod.