It's been a few years but I'm trying to get back into siming. The last program I ran was Widows XP. I now have Windows 10.

When trying to download my throttle quadrant I get a message "device Description Request Failed". I have researched this problem and have tried just about everything I could find to correct this problem. Is it me or has Windows 10 done something that doeskin allow this device to be recognized?    I sure would like to use my throttle quadrant but ism beginning to think I'm wasting my time. Someone please tell me i'm wrong and give me a fix to this nightmare. .

Most likely this is an issue with your USB port.  Plug the throttle into another USB Port.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Also make sure you download drivers for the throttle developed for Windows 10.  If you have Windows 10 64-bit, download the 64-bit version of the drivers.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do a search for Saitek and Windows Advanced Power Management.  Do that search globally (web) and also here on Avsim.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If I had that hardware, and I used too. Sell it used and get the best price you can. They seem to be in demand and they are very pricey new. If its the Pro Flight Yoke and Throttle sell it.  And if its the USB throttle Quadrant sell it. Us the money you get for it toward a Honeycomb Yoke and Throttle. Throttle to be released soon. That Saitek stuff is over despite Logitech. For that Price range Honeycomb is the future. I don't have one! But I've read posts from simmers who are trust worthy that have praised them. And I will buy the both of then Yoke and TQ soon for $250 each. Before you go down the path you are on look at Honeycomb.😁

I had this issue recently under Windows 10 with a TrackIR.  The solution was to try the device in another USB port and/or delete the Unknown USB Device in the Device manager and then try another USB port after reboot.  One of the other fixed it for me.  Might work for your situation was well.

I never had this issue until the Windows 10 Update a couple of weeks ago.  I smell a rat there.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

tried it all. windows really screwed itup foe seitek and logitech devices...Thinking about tearing it apart and using the pots and make my own.

3 hours ago, hangdog1313 said:

tried it all. windows really screwed itup foe seitek and logitech devices...Thinking about tearing it apart and using the pots and make my own.

Frustrating problem, but just want to let you know I have been using the Saitek Yoke and Throttle Quadrant with Win10 for quite a while without any problems, and so have a LOT of other flight simmers. So it may be worth trying to troubleshoot your problem a bit more.

What does the Device Manager show with the TQ hooked up?  Have you made any other changes in HW or SW besides updating to Win10? Can you try the TQ on some other computer to see if it is at least recognized correctly  -- there is logic circuitry inside the TQ that has to be working for it to be recognized as a USB device.

If you are using a USB hub, try without the hub, and vice versa. If you do a Google search on "Device Description Request Failed" you will find at least 5 different things to try -- maybe at least one of them is something you haven't tried.

If you do decide to 'build your own' using the Saitek TQ pots (which are not great, btw) note you will need something like a Leo Bodnar board or Arduino Leonardo to implement the USB handshaking protocol.

Good luck,

Al

On 12/20/2019 at 2:14 PM, hangdog1313 said:

I'll echo what Al says as well as Frank's comments on USB power management which definitely causes issues if not set properly - I run an aging Saitek yoke, plus PS2 plugin quadrant (the one that plugs to the yoke) plus a USB version of the same, all with no issues on Windows 10.  You may have tried a number of things that didn't work, but I'd gently submit that you haven't yet tried it "all".

Scott