Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Landing Practice

I would like to do some practice approaches in a B737 using Lord of the Landing.   I can save the flights, but the iFly 737 doesn't maintain it's configuration when you load a saved flight.

I've thought of using the default FSX B737, but not FMC, etc.

Can anyone suggest, if there is one, a B737-700 or 800 that will retain its configuration if you reload a saved flight? 

Thanks,
Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Configuration...as in flaps setting, speed, etc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hi Ernie,

I have a very useful payware utility called FSi Panel, designed by a flight simulator fan who is also an airline pilot, and l which I use to set up my aircraft for practice approaches. I particularly like finding airports with bad weather in real time using AS2016 and then I practice flying repeated approaches to them. This utility enables you to set up the aircraft at various predetermined positions in the pattern, on the ILS, on a STAR or further out on the approach but if these predetermined positions do not suit, you can define the start position yourself.

It can be used with any aircraft but a limited number aircraft are supported in detail by this utility and come with increased functionality including being automatically fully configured for the stage of flight at which the approach begins. The good news for you is that one of these fully supported aircraft is the excellent iFly 737!

Here is a link to the developers website (which I hope I am allowed to post):

https://www.fsipanel.com/index.html

I have been using FSi Panel for a few years now with various addon aircraft and am very happy with it. indeed I can highly recommend it as one of the most useful utilities I have ever purchased!

Bill

4 hours ago, charliearon said:

Configuration...as in flaps setting, speed, etc?

Basically everything  The power is off, generators, FMC, etc. To get it back in operation I would have to restart the engines midair etc.

Just had an idea, maybe I could get around some of that by changing the panel state.

Not sure if I would still need to initialize the FMC, but it's worth a try.

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, scianoir said:

It can be used with any aircraft but a limited number aircraft are supported in detail by this utility and come with increased functionality including being automatically fully configured for the stage of flight at which the approach begins. The good news for you is that one of these fully supported aircraft is the excellent iFly 737!

Thanks Bill,

Just looked at the app, it appears similar to Lord of the Landing, but with support for specific aircraft and customer service. 🙂

Price is decent, so I think I'll give it a try..

Ernest Pergrem

I use the TDS 747-800 Max, flies much better than the default, but it keeps the values as you need.

For ifly737, you can save/load panel via Alt menu and/or CDU setting, sepreted form save the position/speed/alt as FSX's save do.

PMDG one have simular thing, but it could save/load automaticly with FSX's save/load, while not always working well