Sign in to follow this  
Wardie

FS2Crew install deletes Opencockpit setup

I have just installed FS2Crew for the PMDG NGXu and it has caused my entire Opencockpits hardware setup to stop working as well as not allowing me to open saved scenarios where three different screens have been setup and configured....... Although I have now uninstalled the program I am battling to get communication from my Opencockpit setup to P3D working again.... I get an error message which says "Vehicle initialization has failed for PMDG 737-800NGXu BW Mango Airlines (ZS-SJA / 2012). You will now be placed in visualization-only mode." Surely if you uninstall it should put the program back to where it was?

I have deleted my Prepare3D folder and I am busy copying over a backup made before the installation of FS2Crew. Please can you let me know what other files outside of the Prepare3D folder have been overwritten so that I can restore them accordingly. I know that one should never use a "Saved Situation" with FS2Crew but with my setup of multiple screens I need to do that otherwise it becomes onerous having to set everything up each time. I am hoping for a solution regarding Opencockpits hardware? Many thanks in advance.

I don't think this is FS2Crew...

The FS2Crew installer installs a gauge file file to the main P3D gauges folder, the FSCrew2010 folder to the main P3D folder, and a folder in AppData.

That's it.  It's not much.

When you run the FS2Crew Config Manager, we add a couple new lines to the PMDG's panel.cfg file.

Edited by byork

Hi Byork, it was definitely something to do with FS2Crew. I deleted my P3D folder and copied over a saved backup P3D folder. When I tried to run it I still had no communication between my Opencockpits hardware and my P3D program. I then copied over a backup of my Lockheed Martin folder in the appdata folder and that solved the problem, all back to normal. It must have had something to do with code put in to the appdata folder by FS2Crew. Everything was perfect before I installed FS2Crew, everything stopped working immediately after I installed FS2Crew....... Unfortunately it seems that without understanding exactly what was altered in the Appdata folder I am not going to be able to run FS2Crew. I will have to apply for a refund, I am so sorry that I cannot run it as I do believe FS2Crew for the NGXu is a brilliant add-on..........

20 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Unfortunately it seems that without understanding exactly what was altered in the Appdata folder I am not going to be able to run FS2Crew. I will have to apply for a refund, I am so sorry that I cannot run it as I do believe FS2Crew for the NGXu is a brilliant add-on..........

I also have Opencockpits hardware and never had a problem like that with FS2Crew.

There was a big update for the 737NGXu a few days ago, are you sure it can't have to do with that ? Did you use the repair texture feature in thePMDG operation center ?  For example, if you have changed the title in the FLTSIM section of the aircraft.cfg and saved a flight, after the update/repair you will certainly get an 'Aircraft initialization failure" afterwards. Also keep in mind, saved panel states no longer work after the update.

Just from my experience, it is very, very unlikely to be caused by FS2Crew. Maybe just an unlucky coincidence.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hi Mikealpha, many thanks for your reply. I did indeed install the latest PMDG update and maybe this is just an unlucky coincidence as you said..... I am unfortunately working this weekend, I will only get a chance to experiment early next week and try to resolve the issue. If it has not been the result of FS2Crew I will really be pleased as I have heard so much of how good FS2Crew is, I really want it to run! Thanks a million for your feedback!