Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

SimMarket servers slow

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Simmarket is now the pits. I will not buy anything through them any longer.

If I can even get a file to finish download, the fastest I can get is about 40 kB/s which is about the speeds I was used to over 20 years ago.

On a 200 mbit connection here.

Similar for me. On my 100mbit connection the fastest I get from Simmarket is 75Kb/sec, and usually much slower than that. 

Jon Skiffington

1 hour ago, Skiff said:

Similar for me. On my 100mbit connection the fastest I get from Simmarket is 75Kb/sec, and usually much slower than that. 

Check your internet speed.  Just because your paying for 100mb doesn't mean your getting it.

I'm paying for a 1Gig internet, but I rarely am getting that.

Like I say, for me SimMarket downloads are always fast.  Never a problem.

Bob

Just downloaded the new Envsound (1.6GB) in about 3 minutes from them. Not too bad I'd say.

- Aaron

On my last Simmarket d/l (maybe a week ago), their CDN was super-slow despite being at 10% load...was much faster using their servers in Germany.  Go figure...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

3 hours ago, slait said:

And misspelled. It hurts my eyes every time I scroll by. 😆

Seriously though, I've had great experiences with Simmarket and agree with all the positives above. Notifications of updates, solid search capabilities, regular sales, etc. I do try to buy direct when it is financially beneficial, but I also worry about the long term ability to redownload direct from vendors. Something I've always been able to do from Simmarket.

Maybe you should check your eyes.

Vic green

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Check your internet speed.  Just because your paying for 100mb doesn't mean your getting it.

Bob

There's a lot more to it than that. My connection is fine otherwise. On steam and other services I can usually max out my connection. Obviously there is an issue somewhere between Simmarket's US server and certain ISPs recently. I never used to have a problem with Simmarket, it wasn't the fastest but it was acceptable. But their CDN server has been hit or miss lately. It will start out fast and then get extremely slow. Sometimes it will just stop mid download and not finish at all. I had to use their German servers to get anything to finish downloading and they were extremely slow for me because I'm in the US.

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Bob

I usually get 9-15mbps when downloading from Steam, and typically have no issues with downloads from Aerosoft, PMDG, FSLabs, etc. Just SimMarket tends to have this problem for me. 

• Upvote 1

Jon Skiffington

11 hours ago, GSalden said:

Never had any issues with Simmarket. Just because a few had a slow DL experience at a specific time does not say that it is always like that as the topic title suggests.

Just tested it myself and reDL a scenery a no issues like always .

Imho your  topic title is not correct 🤔

At the time I posted it was most assuredly correct. I had five bin files to download and took several tries on different servers to get four to come through. After much time wasted I summited a ticket and to their credit they promptly replied "Thank-you for the mail, we're working on it". Immediately after, the last file downloaded smooth as **** through a goose.  Had a similar problem Sunday with an airport I purchased from them. Several attempts from different servers before it finally started downloading and once it started it came down fine so the issue is not on my end and there is nothing wrong with my internet speed.

Had my entire post been read it is stated I have been a customer of Simmarket several years and have not had this or any other issue with them until now. Nevertheless it was very frustrating to waste an afternoon trying to optain the product I just paid for. Let us hope Simmarket has addressed the server issue so you don't experience this on your next patronization. 

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I just tested my connection and got 220 mbit/s. Currently downloading a file from Simmarket at 50 kb/s. 9 hours for a 1 gb file!

FYI I contacted their support and this is what I got:

Dear Customer,

We offer 2 diferent servers to download the products, please try it and check what is the faster one.

We are sorry for the trouble but we offer the best service to our customers. Please try again later

So no more sales to me then.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Upvote 1