Sign in to follow this  
swissdani

TA/RA to BLW in descent

Hi Brian

I like to have the TCAS set to ALL duiring cruise. Is the PM supposed to set it to below for the descent or will this be my task as PF?

Dani

Hello Brian

The Tcas * ALL" i Cruise is activated. My problem is that the FO never switches to BLW before or during the descent?

Hello again

Ok thank you. Seems I was too impatient with my FO. Checked it today and he does set it at FL100. For my personal liking that is  too late, I like to have it in BLW for the whole descent to see what might be below me. Also the seat belts coming on only at FL100 is a bit late for my personal liking.

One other thing I realized is that the FO starts his parking flow once taxi light is off and parking break set. But if I have to stop during taxi (for a crossing traffic for example) I would also be in that state, but will continue taxi later. Wouldn't it make more sense to use a different trigger?

Dani