Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnEGPF

performance demo to retail

Guest JohnEGPF

I saw this question asked, but still no real information.Owners of the retail version, how does the demo and release version compare FPS wise?Would be great if you could try a flight in the demo area in both demo and Retail versions and let us know the results.Just want to know if what I have in the demo,( which is pretty good) is what I will get in the full version.Ps: my message text is very small why is that?CheersJohn

John, the demo was running very well in my system. Unfortunately, the retail version, is a slideshow. I need to tweak it a lot, because until now (only some hours testing), is the worst version (I think that FS2000, included) I have ever seen (my personnal opinion), with respect the performance matter.I

I have uninstalled the demo so I can't quote exact numbers but the performace is definitely worse on this machine with the retail version. I'm guessing the framerates are down by 25-30%.DougP4 3.2E @ 3.680 (1.385 vCore - 230 FSB)Asus P4C800-E Deluxe (BIOS 1019)4 x 512MB Corsair TWINX CXM3700 (3-4-4-8)1.5 TB of WD HDDATI X850XT PEA-Open 1648 AAP RipperPlextor 708A WriterEnermax 431W PSUInwin Case

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest JohnEGPF

Thanks for your your Input guys.Great pity :( wonder what's sucking up all the performance between demo2 and release?.After adding the autogen fixes posted here sitting on RW25 at TAPA with normal autogen, 1M textures ,no bloom ,everything else around the mid point I was getting 30 FPS in the Realair 172, that was up from 20 with no Autogen fix.Seems something big has changed codewise in the release version??.CheersJohn

I don't think all of us are seeing the problem. Some folks are reporting that they see little change. I think we need to wait until the full release next week and see what happens when many more people have had a chance to try it.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I haven't gotten it yet, John, but I imagine that there is a loss of frames due to the "blurries" fix. However, it is possible to modulate this using the fsx.cfg key that Adam Szofran indicated. So, if people find that their final version is performing worse, they might want to try that.However, another question is not necessarily the frames, but if the game remains fluid and flyable in spite of that.Best regards.Luis

I want to know the performance comparison from fileplanet beta to retail. id expect the demo to run a lot better because it's just a bunch of islands and water. Anyone run both the beta and the retail yet?

Yes, I think it's flyable, in some situations, all the way down to 10 FPS. FSX is incredibly smoother and more fluid that FS9. But, that being said, the real framerate problem is that there is little room for complex add-ons to further impact the rate and that, if left on the default settings, it's going to be a slideshow for most users even without any add-ons. I'd hate to try the PMDG 744 with FSX. Even the Cessna at a large, detailed default airport can turn it into a slideshow. And, as more people try it I'm sure we'll find fixes for most of the issues. But I don't know what the 95% of the buyers that never heard of AVSIM (and don't care about tweaking anything) will do. It looks to me like MS has abandoned Joe-Average-User-With-An-Average-Two-Year-Old-Computer.Doug

Guest JohnEGPF

Hi LuisI,m using the second demo which already Has the "anti-blurr" code added compared with the first demo I WAS getting around a 40% FPS hit in the latest demo. Adding FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10 gave me a lot of this lost performance back.Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscLocation=60,30,1092,796,.DISPLAY1FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.10Running it at 0.10 give the best performanceHere's a pic on RW25 at TAPA.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/158297.jpgIf I remark the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION out which I believe makes the sim default to a value of 0.30 I get this resulthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/158299.jpgAS I mentioned before the FPS hit was about 40% but now the hit is much less as seen in the pictures, the only changes I've made was to use MAtt Fox's excellent autogen tweak and I reduced the textures to 16 bit.To help to make comparisions better I believe you can post the fsx.cfg file that another user can try is that correct?.cheersJohnNorthwood CPU@3.3gig1 gig sdramNvidia 6800GT

Guest Redvan

what exactly does this fiber... edit do?

John. What does this line mean? Location=60,30,1092,796,.DISPLAY1 Do you know if this will work in Beta 3? Thanks, Craig

I don't think anyone has tried comparing the Demo 2 to Retail in the Exact Same location. My guess is that it would be the same in that instance.Tony

Very impressive, John. Can't wait to get the final version and try all of this out, along with all the new fixes that are coming out. I am convinced that we shall in the end be able to run this version of FS comfortably. Although the 737 crowd seems to be headed for a difficult moment with add-ons. Time will tell.Craig, the line in the fsx.cfgLocation=60,30,1092,796,.DISPLAY1simply indicates the position of the main display in windowed mode.Best regards.Luis

I added the lines to FSX Beta config and still had occasional stutters so I guess I'll have to play with the number a bit and see what happens. The one thing I did notice was prior to adding it my Page File got as high as 1.1 G but after it stayed between 750-850 mb. Don't know if adding the line did it or something else I did. Nevertheless my 2nd Gig of ram should arrive this evening. Craig

Guest JohnEGPF

Sorry guys seem to be having problems with my posts showing on the forum.I posted replies hours earlier but for some reason it did not show in the thread.The fibre frame addition control's how much PC times is given to updating the ground textures, higher number= more PC power going to keep the ground looking sharp .Hope this post shows:)Anyone with demo/ retail comparisons please postsCheersJohn