Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.5 HF2 Airports scenery elevation issue

3 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

The scenery files are not on flicr but it might be that scenery areas are not in the correct order or the shader files need to be deleted.  Browse to C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders and delete the .cso files in the folder only, do not delete the folder.  Restart P3D and launch a flight and let the scenery load up.  Be sure not to load a saved flight, use the default then go to the airport at which you were earlier and see if the issue is resolved.

There is two folders there,

1 Shaders

2 Shaders - Backup

is it normal? Which ones files to delete?

14 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

The scenery files are not on flicr but it might be that scenery areas are not in the correct order or the shader files need to be deleted.  Browse to C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders and delete the .cso files in the folder only, do not delete the folder.  Restart P3D and launch a flight and let the scenery load up.  Be sure not to load a saved flight, use the default then go to the airport at which you were earlier and see if the issue is resolved.

I really don’t know how to thank you for your help my friend. I really highly appreciate your support, help and thank you from my heart.

I will now start install Orbx 

Base pack

Libraries, open LC Europe, Vector, Buildings, Trees, Barcelona, England, Germany N and S, Norway, Netherlands, and 12 Airports

Is it a specific order for all those?

Georgios

Delete the .cso files inside the Shaders folder, the other one is a backup.

\Robert Hamlich/

Is the issue fixed?  Install building from the ground up:

Base pack

Vector

OpenLC Europe

England

Germany N and S

Norway

Netherlands

Barcelona

Buildings

Trees

Airports 

Libraries

\Robert Hamlich/

3 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Is the issue fixed?  Install building from the ground up:

Base pack

Vector

OpenLC Europe

England

Germany N and S

Norway

Netherlands

Barcelona

Buildings

Trees

Airports 

Libraries

It’s fixed and THANK YOU SIR.

Is it a specific order for Orbx in my Add on Organizer so I don’t mess them up again?

That's great!

Orbx Central v4 should automatically place the order for you, note that the order looks a little confusing the new way they are doing it but it seems to work.  On the OC v4 settings screen you can select where Orbx Airports and Regions are inserted, I have selected to place them below my last add on airport.  Orbx Global openLC is then inserted below Orbx Airports and Regions.

You will see "Legacy Layering" - Do not touch that unless instructed by Orbx themselves.

\Robert Hamlich/

4 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

That's great!

Orbx Central v4 should automatically place the order for you, note that the order looks a little confusing the new way they are doing it but it seems to work.  On the OC v4 settings screen you can select where Orbx Airports and Regions are inserted, I have selected to place them below my last add on airport.  Orbx Global openLC is then inserted below Orbx Airports and Regions.

You will see "Legacy Layering" - Do not touch that unless instructed by Orbx themselves.

Hello again my friend, I follow your advises all the way, and I want please have a look the Addon Organizer for P3D and please while you have time, tell me if the order it is as it supposed to be. First load of my P3d at LDDU, PLEASE WHY AGAIN ?  Everything looks Norman except those two light aircraft

https://www.flickr.com/gp/186531599@N02/4W1013

48 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

I don’t know if I understood correct but there is no fix for it or solution.

im I right?

Well....yes you are right. I just posted the link for you to check if you run the same addons as the OP from P3D forums. Also it seems that the error is present only in 4.5.13.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Is your original problem fixed?

The linked P3D topic discusses only the new method of detecting airport elevations as introduced by P3D v4.5.13.32097.

It should not have caused your problem with elevations and the topic itself contains much misinformation and most notably, no input from P3D staff at all.

Briefly, the change means that the airport elevation will be taken from the highest airport version, as seen in the in-game scenery library. This means that airport elevation files and in fact Vector AEC files are made redundant, as they are no longer read.

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Is your original problem fixed?

The linked P3D topic discusses only the new method of detecting airport elevations as introduced by P3D v4.5.13.32097.

It should not have caused your problem with elevations and the topic itself contains much misinformation and most notably, no input from P3D staff at all.

Briefly, the change means that the airport elevation will be taken from the highest airport version, as seen in the in-game scenery library. This means that airport elevation files and in fact Vector AEC files are made redundant, as they are no longer read.

Yes it’s been fixed, deleted terrain cfg and shaders and that was the magic.

Thank you

I developed the same problem as Georgios after installing FTX Global Vector. Uninstalling that it fixed the floating scenery objects and sunken runways. But it's encouraging reading DaveCT2300's reply that there exists a correction for this within the Global Vector application that I want to try, so I can maybe enjoy what Global Vector has to offer.

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.