Sign in to follow this  
vollmey

My (FSX) two pence worth...

Guest Dave March

I rarely post on here these days but am a frequent visitor all the same.With regard to the daily FSX bashing, which is becoming increasingly difficult to circumnavigate, I must say it is all getting quite boring now. I'm sure if we all took the stance of not replying to such posts they may eventually disappear into the AVSIM archives.I'm not suggesting for one minute that such users should not be allowed to voice their opinions but I think we only fuel the fire by continually replying and counter attacking negative comments and prolonging the thread needlessly. If you're happy with FSX please don't waste your time tackling such negativity, unless the poster is requesting assistance which is an entirely different matter altogether. Your time would be better spent (and appreciated) by sharing your pleasant FSX experiences and tips with us all.CheersDave March

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_dev.jpgEmail:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukFDC Website:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

"With regard to the daily FSX bashing, which is becoming increasingly difficult to circumnavigate"What's funny is it's not even the 17th (another poster made this point). Can you imagine what we'll have in these forums after October 17th??? By the way Dave how is FDC working in FSX??? I use your add-on with FS9 and get a slight performance hit (well more like more resources are used up that FS9 normally eats up). It would be interesting to know how FDC performs along side FSX. I've used FDC on most if not all of my heavy jet flights since the release of your first version (which I ordered by mail). FDC is one of those have to have add-ons much like ASV. You did a great job with it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest flynman3

.....BASHING.......Is it BASHING when the poster is simply stating honest FACT???????...The word BASHING is a incorrectly used word these days in many forms political matters included...As long as it is constuctive honest comments it is not BASHING....find another term...

Guest archtx

Amen, Dave!What I do is click on their (perpetually negative posters) name, which highlights their name for ALL of their posts. Makes it a little easier to skip over them when reading thru a thread. I've been reading this forum several times a day, killing time 'til the 17th, and I must say there are a handful of these guys that insist on expressing the same ol' thing into every thread!1. "I'm sticking with FS9, because..."2. "I told you so!"3. "Bloated code."4. "Microsoft sucks!"5. "Aces really screwed up!"and so forth! How many times do they think we need to hear that opinion, and what are they honestly trying to accomplish?

Good idea...RhettAMD 3700+, eVGA 7800GT 256, ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, etc. etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Not trying to flame, but what do you call dishonest comments that have no validity or merit? When someone calls microsoft microsucks and puts down FSX by eviscerating the facts, what would be a better term than bashing?I agree that a good, hearty and constructive discussion will help in the long run, but sheer vitriolic posts fail to contribute to further advancement of the hobby and never will.Ian.

What are facts with regard to a user's experience? If user A is having a swell time with the sim, while user B is experiencing all the ugly things we hate to see is user B's report of said experience not a fact? While perhaps not agreeable to most, it's perfectly understandable for user B to express some ire, peppered with a little hyperbole, especially if his computer is up to modern standards and can play most any whiz-bang game on the shelf with all settings maxxed. There is another game forum which I will not name here that has taken a policy of locking or deleting threads by users who are disappointed with their purchase. These aren't limited to kids spouting off profanities, either. I would hate to see Avsim sink to that level. Not saying the mods here would go heavy-handed like that, but there's no need in crucifying someone who has issues just because you don't (I use "you" generally. This isn't aimed at anyone specifically).

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest bigun

".....BASHING.......Is it BASHING when the poster is simply stating honest FACT???????...The word BASHING is a incorrectly used word these days in many forms political matters included"Yes, in fact it is bashing when the poster simply posts how much FSX stinks, looks like crap, ACES team doesn't know what they're doing, etc.I really appreciate when someone posts a real issue on thier set-up that concerns them, but only if they do it in a polite, repectful manner. This gives folks that are are lot more talented then I am an opportunity to come up with solutions. And guess what. We all benefit from this.I have issues with the retail version of FSX also. I'm not particularly happy with the FR as they stand now but I can tell you that they are at least 85% better now then when I first installed. And remember, FSX isn't even officially released yet!

Guest flynman3

Sorry George you did not read my response...."Is it BASHING when the poster is simply stating honest FACT"There are some on the forum who think honest opinion is bashing as well.BTW this site is getting slower to navigate by the day...hope a speed-up is in the works by next TUESDAY....ooops did I just Bash!!!!

Well said Dave.Too many very long critical threads tend to get repetitive and to hide the excellent ideas being offered by other folk - these tweaks have already made a big difference to the demo on my setup.And again, many thanks for FDC - all versions since S-Combo; a must have add-on for me in FS9 as it will be in FSX.John Rooum

Some recent posts hold no intrisic value whatsoever and seem to be designed just to get a response from someone. I'm all for someone posting problems or criticising the software, but posting FSX or M$ sucks serves absolutely no purpose except to incite anger and arguement. It's akin to calling someone a name just to get a "rise" out of them and get them to respond in a similar fashion or start a fight.It is considered trolling and should be moderated aggresively. Again, I'm not talking about valid posts which are intelligently thought out or even hastily arranged rants crying for help, but the obvious unintelligent gibberish which serves absolutely no purpose but to incur the wrath of normally level headed posters on this forum.Ian.

The number of people who are willing to live with a subpar program and wish to CENSOR the reality is amazing. I suppose now we know what the beta team was made up of. I should petition for employment too, then i can make positive comments about how nice it flies @ 4fps on a rig that eats through fear at 40... and this is stock mind you, imagine the usability with addons.

Guest beerman

Whats most disheartening is those that treat any criticism of FSX as sacrilige. Don't get me wrong...I love the FS series (I have been simming since FS4, however, it doesn't blind my eyes to the fact that occasionally there is a release that is extremely subpar. The fact is with FSX, ACES released a game that a minority of people can run decently. So, the vast majority is going to have grave performance issues. So, naturally, you are going to see an overwhelming amount of complaining. Deal with it folks, most of the people can't run the software worth a ####...there is going to be griping. And that, my friends, is my 2 cents.

Guest beerman

>The number of people who are willing to live with a subpar>program and wish to CENSOR the reality is amazing. I suppose>now we know what the beta team was made up of. >>I should petition for employment too, then i can make positive> comments about how nice it flies @ 4fps on a rig that eats>through fear at 40... >>and this is stock mind you, imagine the usability with addons.>Exactly. As I posted above.

Guest Brian_Neuman

>There is another game forum which I will not name here that>has taken a policy of locking or deleting threads by users who>are disappointed with their purchase. These aren't limited to>kids spouting off profanities, either. I would hate to see>Avsim sink to that level. Not saying the mods here would go>heavy-handed like that, but there's no need in crucifying>someone who has issues just because you don't (I use "you">generally. This isn't aimed at anyone specifically).>Oh please, it isnt that bad ;-).