Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAlex

I want to build a home cockpit

So I want to build a home cockpit, I do have the budget but not super budget like 13,000 euros. I only have around 2000-2500 euros
I would like some recommendations on what overhead panels, FMCs Screens you would recommend

3 hours ago, CaptainAlex said:

possible so 777

Wow!! I think you are a "little" short on budget. Just an overhead panel could be around €3500. How real do you expect to achieve it?

Your budget isn't going to get you that overhead https://flightdecksolutions.com/new-fds-b777-mx-overhead/ the price is listed at the bottom of the description.

With a limited budget, I always suggest new builders to look at the 737 or A320. The 737 and A320 are by far the most popular with numerous manufacturers and as builders upgrade or financial situations change due to a growing family etc you are always guaranteed to find parts on the used market at a very reasonable price. This is also true for other aircraft as well but far less frequently.  The 777 is going to be tough to find parts for at your budget as FDS is the only plug and play supplier of the 777 and I haven't seen any 777 jetmax offerings new or used since FDS sold that to Azure.

Of course if your willing to buy the all the switches and electronic interface yourself you could save a few $$ and strethch the budget further by buying the panels from hisapanels or somewhere that makes 777 panels by themselves and install the hardware yourself but even that isn't going to get you very far.

Also just as a last note.... don't build the overhead first. The overhead is just for the systems. You can fly without a functional overhead no problems in flight simulators. Better to put the first stage of the build into the parts that are going to be used frequently such as the MIP, MCP and CDU if you are going to build an airliner.

This is a perfect example -  Used 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Airbus-A320-A330-CPflight-FCU-for-Flight-Simulator/153793180554?hash=item23cec9b38a:g:TEoAAOSwRy5eGooA

New 

https://www.cpflight.com/en/fcu320full-prod-34.php

Edited by Garys

I have a 777 Glareshield from Flightdeck Solutions which I dont need anymore, just in case...

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Personally, I think you'd be better going down the virtual route. Get a comfy seat and a good headset and hand controller and as in my case, a decent yoke and pedal set. Brunner control loaded ones.

I use a TQ6, it's word not allowed really for the money, but i get the TOGA and autothrottle disconnect switches which is really all the tactile connections I really need for hands on. Everything else FS2Crew handles for me if I'm tube flying.

If you build a single type physically, ask yourself, what will you do when you get bored of it. I know many a 777 pilot who has come back from the Desert bored to death with longhaul and enjoys flying the 737 instead, despite all it's faults.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!