Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Alternatives to Foreflight?

Hi all-

My FF subscription ends in about two weeks and I'm looking for a suitable replacement which doesn't have to be free.

I really like the moving map function on my iPad along with the Jeppesen charts.

Having the app on the iPad is desireable as I don't have the screen space. Anyway, before I get ahead of myself I thought I would ask for a few opinions.

Any favorites you can recommend?

Thanks,

Mark

Don't know if you are going to beat Foreflight, but I'm a no Apple guy and I use Garmin Pilot on an Android tablet…there is an Apple version too. 

Not looking to beat FF, just save some money.

Downloaded Aivlasoft EFB and spent about an hour on it. Nice.

Non-subscription price is excellent as well. I'll look at the Garmin Apple version and see what's up.

Thanks,

Mark

flight plan Go.....

FLTPLAN GO

FLTPLAN.COM

It is Free...I use it in the real world as well....Awesome product.  Only had coverage for North America though.

Les O'Reilly

I just signed up for Fltplan.com and it appears simmers (who don't also fly in the real world) can no longer create flight plans?  is that right?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
          Memory: 16384MB RAM
          WINDOWS10 - DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Display Memory: 12183 MB; Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB)

I may be late to the party, but WingX Pro on iPad is an alternative to ForeFlight that is completely free for VFR.

It's definitely not as refined as ForeFlight, but it does the job. I think it's only available on the US App Store though.

There's also Stratus Insight EFB. This is what I'm using at the moment. There's a free month trial, followed by $9.99 per month. It's also not as refined as FF, but it falls somewhere in-between that and WingX Pro.