Sign in to follow this  
Trubshaw

Can you remove the reflection Candy in FSX Cockpits.

Hello.

Simple question is there away of removing the eye candy shadowing around the FSX default aircrafts cockpits.

Also is there away of removing the control Yokes from the virtual cockpit, it coverer up  Instruments like the RMI

or others when using third party control devices.

Trubshaw.

Have you tried anything like unchecking aircraft shadows in your FSX Settings?  Are you using DX10 Preview or Steve's DX10 fixer?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, Angels40 said:

To your first question, go here:   https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=95325

Chris

Good find.  I hate the reflections too!  Cheers.

Trubshaw, as far as I know, no, the default FSX yokes cannot be clicked on to be hidden.  Some add-on aircraft can add them and some can't.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Hello,

I think in fact that any aircraft can be set to remove the yoke, or indeed to lower it to allow the instruments to be seen. The default of course does not feature such luxuries. Most addon aircraft that do not have a removable yoke do not because the yoke is not it the way of any vital instruments.

Hello All.

Yes just got cast shadow on ground ticked is settings.

I have never used the Avsim Library, ,I just download it , unzip it.

and run. Has anybody used the app. Is it easy to use.

Why on earth anybody wants distorted shadow in the glass god knows, I the really thing you don’t want them spoiling the view,

As for the yokes in Eyefinity VC I have to tilt the instruments panel to get my view, So general the top towards you and the bottom away  so allowing you to see the instruments. Be nice to have a flat panel with straight edges.

This lead to another problem, moving the eye point in and out, moving it away you run out of the mice little hand control, hence you get the joint of the monitors going say through the middle of the GPS screen.

You are the experts, is there a way of making the little hand pick up the knobs at a greater distance.

Never used zDX 10 is it more heavy on frame rate.

Trubshaw.