Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
imwaite

Pilot2ATC fails to start

Recommended Posts

Hi - used Pilot2ATC older version, Version 2.5 I believe on Windows 7. Upgraded to Windows 10 and downloaded latest version 2.6.1.1_x64_R3 with Navigraph Data and now cannot get Pilot2ATC to start.

Get screen with aircraft then screen showing inside cockpit with Pilot 2 ATC - Loading Data - Please Wait.

Get 2 Error screens

1) sqlserver.exe - Application Error "The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).Click OK to close the application

2) Database Error - The underlying provider Failed on Open.

"A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider SQL Network interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.)"

I have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro but no change.

Please help !

Imwaite

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a Microsoft SQL issue.  Here are some things to try:

  1.  Manually restart the SQL Local Database Engine
    • ⦁    Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Try starting P2A again
  2. There may be some corrupt or missing files in the MSSQLLocalDB work folder.  It is located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\MSSQLLocalDB  where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.   Locate this folder and delete the entire folder.  SQL will rebuild the folder and valid contents on the next startup of Pilot2ATC.
  3.  If that doesn’t fix it, you can try installing the SQL LocalDB engine again.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft installer program on my Dropbox server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0     You can download, unzip and run the installer.  Take note if any error messages are given, but it should run without issue.  Then try starting Pilot2ATC again. 
  4. If still not working, look in your Program Files for instances of Microsoft SQL LocalDB.  Open Control Panel and go to Program and Features.  Look for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB.  If you find it, you can delete it and do step 3 again.
  5. If still not working, send me an email at admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll work with you to try and resolve the problem.

Dave

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's a Microsoft SQL issue.  Here are some things to try:

  1.  Manually restart the SQL Local Database Engine
    • ⦁    Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Try starting P2A again
  2. There may be some corrupt or missing files in the MSSQLLocalDB work folder.  It is located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\MSSQLLocalDB  where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.   Locate this folder and delete the entire folder.  SQL will rebuild the folder and valid contents on the next startup of Pilot2ATC.
  3.  If that doesn’t fix it, you can try installing the SQL LocalDB engine again.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft installer program on my Dropbox server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0     You can download, unzip and run the installer.  Take note if any error messages are given, but it should run without issue.  Then try starting Pilot2ATC again. 
  4. If still not working, look in your Program Files for instances of Microsoft SQL LocalDB.  Open Control Panel and go to Program and Features.  Look for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB.  If you find it, you can delete it and do step 3 again.
  5. If still not working, send me an email at admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll work with you to try and resolve the problem.

Dave

First step is "stop"

WWg4Ovb.png

https://i.imgur.com/WWg4Ovb.png

	SQLLocalDB stop "MSSQLLocalDB"
	SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
	SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
	SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
	

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dave-Pilot2ATC

Hi,

I have the same issue...

I've tried every solution, the only one that works is to type in Command prompt: SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB" before launch P2ATC.

The problem is that I have to perform this action every time I want to run P2ATC. What's going on here?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard.


Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really very dependent on your specific PC configuration.

One thing to try is to open the old Control Panel then navigate to Administrative Tools->Services

then scroll down and find SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS) and if found, check that it is set to StartupType = Automatic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

It is really very dependent on your specific PC configuration......

 

It is really very dependent on your specific PC configuration.

Please, what do you mean by that?

One thing to try is to open the old Control Panel then navigate to Administrative Tools->Services

then scroll down and find SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS) and if found, check that it is set to StartupType = Automatic.

In Services there is no "SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS)". The only occurrence I found is "SQL Server VSS Writer".

Thank you for help.

Richard.


Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Each PC is very different with varying security settings, software/hardware installed, different user configurations, etc.  These all affect how services and programs function.  In 99% of the cases, users don't have any issues with this SQLLocalDB service.

You could write a windows "bat" file to execute those commands and then start P2A.  Then you could launch P2A with a single click again.  

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To make the aforementioned 'bat' file, open a plain text editor and insert the following text:

SQLLocalDB stop "MSSQLLocalDB"
SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
Start ""  "C:\Pilot2ATC_2018\Pilot2ATC_2018.exe"
 

Edit the red part of the last line to the folder you have your P2A .exe file in.

Then save the file as something like StartP2A.bat, being sure the file type is .bat.

When you double click that new .bat file, it will execute the above commands in a command prompt and then close.  P2A will start up a few seconds later.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Dave, I answered your pm.

Richard.


Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's a Microsoft SQL issue.  Here are some things to try:

  1.  Manually restart the SQL Local Database Engine
    • ⦁    Open a Windows command prompt as administrator.
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB delete "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB create "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"
    • ⦁    Try starting P2A again
  2. There may be some corrupt or missing files in the MSSQLLocalDB work folder.  It is located at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Local DB\Instances\MSSQLLocalDB  where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.   Locate this folder and delete the entire folder.  SQL will rebuild the folder and valid contents on the next startup of Pilot2ATC.
  3.  If that doesn’t fix it, you can try installing the SQL LocalDB engine again.  Here’s a link to the Microsoft installer program on my Dropbox server: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b30wwk84t7a4ngp/SqlLocalDBx64.zip?dl=0     You can download, unzip and run the installer.  Take note if any error messages are given, but it should run without issue.  Then try starting Pilot2ATC again. 
  4. If still not working, look in your Program Files for instances of Microsoft SQL LocalDB.  Open Control Panel and go to Program and Features.  Look for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express LocalDB.  If you find it, you can delete it and do step 3 again.
  5. If still not working, send me an email at admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll work with you to try and resolve the problem.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I recently developed the same issue, not sure what caused it as it has worked well for 2 years maybe upgrading to Win10 version 1909.

When I download your Dropbox file there is no installer in there.

I have no SQL Server or SQL Sever Agent system files.

However if I  Type the following command:  SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB"   it starts the SQL Server and P2ATC launches fine however I have to do this every time I restart my computer. I have tried everything including uninstalling and reinstalling P2ATC but as I said there is no installer in your "zip" file so I can't perform item 3.

I know I can create a batch file but would like to know why all of the sudden things broke?

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

 


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's strange.  I just clicked on the link and it took me to the download page.

After downloading, the msi installation file was in the zip.

Maybe try it again.  Or use a different browser to do the download.

I suspect, as you do, that a Windows update might be changing the 'autostart' settings for this process.  A few users have resorted to .bat files, but for most it seems to resolve after following the procedures.

You might also try running the following command from an Administrator command prompt:

SQLLocalDB share "MSSQLLocalDB"

It could be a Windows user account thing causing the problem.

Let us know what happens.

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's strange.  I just clicked on the link and it took me to the download page.

After downloading, the msi installation file was in the zip.

Maybe try it again.  Or use a different browser to do the download.

I suspect, as you do, that a Windows update might be changing the 'autostart' settings for this process.  A few users have resorted to .bat files, but for most it seems to resolve after following the procedures.

You might also try running the following command from an Administrator command prompt:

SQLLocalDB share "MSSQLLocalDB"

It could be a Windows user account thing causing the problem.

Let us know what happens.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I downloaded it again and the msi installation file was there. I tried both the repair and remove and reinstall but neither made a difference. I also ran the "share" command but again no difference.

I setup a batch file with  the SQLLocalDB start "MSSQLLocalDB" and P2ATC exe commands and it works. It's a strange thing that only a couple of us have this problem?

Joe


I9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 3840x2160 res @30 hz  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, Oculus Rift-S VR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,965.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...