Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado c90 GTX?

Anyone getting this?  How is support now than Dan has gone separate ways ? (Thranda)

I assume it's default FMS powering the ProLine 21?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

From what I know thranda did all the ports to xplane for Carenado. Unless he finds someone else, I believe Carenado will go the way of Milviz, and PMDG for xplane. 

2 hours ago, Casualcas said:

From what I know thranda did all the ports to xplane for Carenado. Unless he finds someone else, I believe Carenado will go the way of Milviz, and PMDG for xplane. 

Carenado wasn’t happy with Dan and Joes speed, claiming they were not turning out conversions fast enough. 

what I’m worried about is now we will see a lot of stuff for xplane with many bugs and few patches 

• Like 4

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I was hoping to see other Beechcraft  planes revamped besides the 1900. Numerous requests for the ATR conversion to X Plane. Wait, and see i guess.

44 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

They are an airplane Mill. Just as in FS.

Their XP offerings have been generally better than MSFS.  But yes they have had their share of shortcomings.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

28 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Their XP offerings have been generally better than MSFS.  But yes they have had their share of shortcomings.

Mainly because of Thranda and.. XP is just inherently better for Turboprops.

• Like 2

I just bought this for X-Plane 11 on Linux.  The MFDs are blank and the fuel gauges don't work.  I might have missed a power switch somewhere.  Still going through the package, but things do not look favorable at this point. 

Sorry to hear that  RB. Did you take a look at the checklist files?  I hope to see their King Air 350 some day in X Plane. HAPPY FLYING.

Edited by Paul Deluca

Just bought this today. Definitely have to read their manual on the carenado proline.  I flew from TE Florida KEYW to KMLB without too many issues. Hard to manipulate the tiny menu formats on the screens. There is a sound issue on startup. Very delayed prop runup. If you lean outside of the aircraft like when you use Trackir the engines are always in a startup sound and that is while they are already running. When outside the AC on the ground there is this weird whining noise with all the power off. Right engine anti ice light doesnt illuminate when that is on, left is okay. Able to capture 9R ILS at Melbourne airport. Not sure if this was a Thranda design or from someone else. Hate to see him gone. I own every Carenado XP11 GA plane. The worst one for me is the not so GA AC the Fokker 50. Very terrible on FPS for some reason. The SAAB 340B is a little better but not as good as the other one from XAviation

:P Timothy Murphy

Hey Tim:  My King Air 200 has glitches also.For example  the wipers. They work when the switch is in the park position. You have to give it some heavy throttle to make the plane move. Pitot heat switches are in reverse.  Flip them off, and they show on the panel.My 1900, at night,  i go into the cabin to check lights, and go back in the cockpit and lost most of the lighting.  This is the best for now until something else comes around. I feel bad about Thranda leaving also. My Saab 340 from them is the cream of the crop. I love flying it.  I will wait and see regarding new developers.