Sign in to follow this  
gringo97

Best VFR sceneries for FSX

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:25 AM, andymartin said:

You don't need Global and base if you just fly in the Orbx regions such as Pacific North West,  Southern alaska.  Just buy those specific regions.  

Yeah, unfortunately they don't have the specific regions I fly to so I just ended up getting the base. Interesting I got it a few days ago just before they went on "Stay at home sale",  just my luck:takut:.

Regardless I think I was expecting more from the product since it didn't seem to make that much of a difference. Probably because I only fly into airports where I have payware (add-ons) and they all have  surrounding sceneries, and since my flights are mostly at 350-370 feet cursing altitude (PMDG 747) I rarely see any scenery below. There is also big blotches that looks like craters in some areas of the default trees sceneries. I will be posting it on their forum. The night lighting however, does look good.

Thanks again.

Forshaw.

ORBX Issue.jpg

Another option is FSEarthTiles, with some work you can create large areas of photoscenery for your sim. 

Here's a nice video explaining it

Also, you can check out some stuff on the FlyAwaySimulation website, this article has links

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/4948/

Plus, all the files are continually scanned for viruses.

NL2000 also offer coverage of all the Netherlands

https://www.nl-2000.com/2010/05/nl2000-version-40-download-instructions-and-locations/

If you haven't bought anything yet, this could hold you over on the free side of things for a bit.

Best,

Canine

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm thinking the same, mainly for UK VFR and looking at coming back to FSX again.

I do own the Gen X stuff although I'm guessing I might be missing some updates or should I turn to Orbx and if so what packages?