Sign in to follow this  
JOHN BENNETT

Reality XP GTN 750 black screen (merged)

• Thank you, it works, but you have to go into your control panel, uninstall the Garmin trainer, and also uninstall the GTN 750, then install the trainer you just provided, then re-install the GTN 750

Hi,

You might want to try the latest update we've released yesterday:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 3/8/2020 at 2:26 PM, virtualgaa said:

Would help to put up a notice on the front page or somewhere in the documentation, unless you don't think our time is valuable. Looking forward to using this product to enhance the immersion of my simulator.

Hi,

Rest assured we're working around the clock to bring you an update as fast as possible. If we sense it will take more than a couple days we usually publish a notice indeed. I thank you for your patience and confidence!

On 3/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, MannyRivera said:

Thank you for your quick reply in a timely matter. I will be sure to stay tuned for this update and looking forward to getting my reality plug finally working. THanks for your support and help.

I thank you for your kind words!

17 hours ago, fppilot said:

would guess that RXP prefers to wrap up that communication rather than sending everybody back to a previous trainer version, only to then in short order advise to install the updated trainer....  Jumping through hoops....  

Spot-on Franck. It is difficult to balance this between making this harder for our customer in having them using an older GTN version, upon which they'd have to install a newer database, or ensuring our customers we're doing our best round-the-clock and they just have to wait a few more days. I'm yet to find the correct equation but I can't thank you and @Bert Pieke enough, for having helped so much in the RXP forum and reassuring customers about all this.

12 hours ago, onlyforbrian said:

but you have to go into your control panel, uninstall the Garmin trainer, and also uninstall the GTN 750, then install the trainer you just provided, then re-install the GTN 750

No you don't have to! The Trainer 6.21 and the Trainer 6.62.x can be installed side-by-side, like we're documenting in various places (and even maybe in the RXP GTN User's Manual).

The only thing you'll have to do if you have both, and want to use the older one, is let the RXP GTN know about this with the environment variables. This is all explained in the RXP GTN User's Manual.

To even make things simpler, we've added a while back a new undocumented environment variable, which let you request to the RXP GTN add-on what specific version you'd like to use:

Use: GTNSIMVERS = 6210 (for GTN Trainer 6.21)
Use: GTNSIMVERS = 6623 (for GTN Trainer 6.62.3)

15 hours ago, PAVEcrazed said:

Usually they remove the previous one when releasing a newest though.

For information, the latest all-in-one full installer is now:
http://download.garmin.com/avtrainerfull/2.5.0.0/GarminTrainerSetup_2700.zip

Hopefully we've now released our latest update yesterday which is compatible with the latest GTN Trainer 6.62.3 included in the Garmin Trainers 2.7.0.0 package:

Edited by RXP
formatting

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I hope I didn't come off too snubby in my earlier post. I'd spent the greater part of the day trying to get the product to work prior to discovering the forums. Just the luck of the draw that I'd buy the product just as Garmin's updates caused it to fail. Fortunately, after circling back a few days later (as suggested), I seem to have it working now. At first, I didn't quite understand how to get version 2.5.23 but after locating and re-running the installer I got it.  I'm excited to be able to use the GTN 750 as I've heard a lot of good things about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, virtualgaa said:

Fortunately, after circling back a few days later (as suggested), I seem to have it working now. At first, I didn't quite understand how to get version 2.5.23 but after locating and re-running the installer I got it.  I'm excited to be able to use the GTN 750 as I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during the last few days!