Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Force landing runway refused when no STAR/Approach available

Hi Dave,

I hope you are doing well.

Here is the end of my current FPL: MEN then LFCK airport

LFCK has runways 14/32. Runway 14 has several approach including ILS, but 32 has no defined approach in the database.

I have a strong wind from 290° so I need runway 32 for a safe landing. Then I try to force runway 32 using "APPR"  dialog where I check "Force Arr Rwy", select Runway 32 in the droplist and click the button "Set Rwy" but without success. The selected runway 14 is kept despite many tries.

Thanks!

Version 2.6.1.1x64-R3

EDIT : forgot to mention that "Force pilot runway selection is On in FLt Pln options and "Force STAR assignment" as well.

Edited by roland_lfor

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Squawk 7600, turn off the radios, keep a good lookout and land on 32 :cool:

Ahem, humour over. Apologies I cannot give you a proper answer, but no doubt some more knowledgeable AVSIM members will. 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Roland,

If you were in flight when you did this, it has no affect.  Those buttons only let you force runway selection during planning/filing.  If you want a different arrival runway while in the air, you have to request it from ATC.  Something like <CallSign> request arrival runway 32.  Depending on where you are in the flight, you may, or may not be given the new runway.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks I'll try before flight.

In flight: is it possible to request a runway change after the approach procedure annoucement by ATC?

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

You can request vectors to a specific approach at just about any time.  Or vectors for a visual straight-in if you're going to a runway without approaches.

Dave