Sign in to follow this  
ark

Learjet 35A FMC Sneak Preview

30 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting.  Does this FMS provide VNAV or just LNAV?  I'm quite happy with the dual GTN750's at the moment but would consider the purchase to support the dev.

My understanding is this FMS implementation will not command the AP to fly a vertical profile such as for a STAR, and neither does the FMS in Captain Joe's (FSW's tech advisor) real world Lear 35A. Which, btw, is fine with me. After all, there has to be something for the pilot to do besides watch!  😉

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Should be less than 2 weeks if the original estimate for release is still valid right?  I cant wait 😄

Does the FMC have atleast an Advisory VNAV? 😄 even if it cannot fly it automatically..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

3 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Should be less than 2 weeks if the original estimate for release is still valid right?  I cant wait 😄

Does the FMC have atleast an Advisory VNAV? 😄 even if it cannot fly it automatically..

Well, I'm afraid it now seems FSW's time estimate was overly optimistic. The FMC is being developed for FSW by a third party and so FSW is at the mercy of circumstances and schedules outside his control, especially during these difficult times. I don't have any updated time estimates.

As for VNAV, yes, I've been told the FMC will provide waypoint altitude targets specified in its database, but it will be up to the pilot to manage things to hit those targets.

Al

Yes!! Looks great! I've got years of experience flying that box. PLEASE let me know if you need any assistance with testing.

28 minutes ago, Propforward said:

Any further word of this - everything's gone quite 

Good progress has been made on the FMC development over the last month or so, and parts of the FMC code has been in beta testing. I know FSW is very anxious to get this addon package 'out the door' to users as soon as possible, but timing is not directly under FSW control since the FMC code is being developed by a third party.  Hopefully another month or two should do it.

Al

Edited by ark

time for a update, any thing new on fmc?

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

On 10/8/2020 at 9:43 AM, rickgo said:

time for a update, any thing new on fmc?

Mark is waiting on the fellow who is writing the last bit of C code for the FMC, but is still hoping to be able to release the FMC addon around Xmas time.

Al

Edited by ark

thanks for replying, this seems to be taking so long....yeah I know patience,,,,but glad its still in the works

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

1 minute ago, rickgo said:

thanks for replying, this seems to be taking so long....yeah I know patience,,,,but glad its still in the works

Yes, it is taking a long time. I know Mark would have liked it to be shorter, but he has only so much control in this case.

Al

I´m really exited about it 😁

Intel i5-2500K @ 3,3 GHZ (not overclockt)RTX 2060 Super Windforce WF2OC-8GD16 GB Ram - 1333

Win10

FSX - Accelaration

5 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

No news at all here?

Thanks.

All I can tell you is work on the FMC continues. I know FSW would like to make it available as soon as possible but there are still a few difficult issues to be worked out.

Al

1 hour ago, ark said:

All I can tell you is work on the FMC continues. I know FSW would like to make it available as soon as possible but there are still a few difficult issues to be worked out.

Al

Yes I read about that before. I thought there might be an update or some more information.

Thanks.