Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Realtex LAN Driver

Could anyone kindly shed some light on a very strange Windows 10 x64 Pro behaviour?

I downloaded the very latest Realtek LAN driver from the Asus website for my Asus Z87A motherboard, dated 2016, as the current one according to Device Manager is dated 2013, but when I installed it, all of a sudden the Internet now stops working as there is an exclamation mark against that Realtek LAN PCIe GBE Family Controller. Luckily, I had created a Restore point and am thus now bale to access the Internet to type this post.

Any assistance, etc gratefully received.

EDIT: Tried disconnecting the router; re-booted; uninstalled the 2018 driver; tried to re-install a 2015 WHQ driver, but Windows 10 reported an issue, so could not re-install. Had to re-do a System Restore; then re-connected the router LAN cable to LAN port on that Z87A; only then, I was able to be re-connected to the Net.

Any ideas any further, please.

Edited by vc10man

I had similar issues with Intel network driver on my motherboard.  I ended up buying a separate nic  No problems since then.

Is there anything in the event log that you can google?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Thanks for that response. Appreciated.

Yeah I too read where a separate NiC card seems to be a recommended route, as I tried all other fixes. Am awaiting to see if Realtek in Taiwan will respond. Really gets my goat that Asus sources other Far East hardware/software to implement in their builds but then just abandons the users to fish for themselves, much as Asus do  make quality motherboards. Or, maybe it's Microsoft as usual screwing up everything with their 'you must buy Windows 10 OS, it's the latest bells 'n whistles piece of(word not allowed!)' !!!!

Try first uninstalling the driver, and then go into Device Manager and right-click and uninstall the network device itself.  Then reboot and it'll be automatically detected again, and you can install the driver with no remnants left behind to booger things up.

Also, sometimes the latest driver from Realtek works better than the old ASUS drivers, which aren't necessarily kept current w/r/t the latest Windows 10 version releases.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thanks for that Bob. Been through all that via  this I found on the Net

https://errorcodespro.com/realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller/

Not made any difference at all ! Windows just goes ahead and re-installs the same NiC and the same driver with a triangle not usual yellow exclamation mark. even when I pointed Windows to that latest driver I got off Asus, it could not find the .inf driver file.

MODS: Please close this now as I have resolved it all.