Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Saitek Radio and Switch Panel

Has anyone found a way to have the Saitek/Logitech Radio and switch panel working with V5 or is this just a waiting game for the drivers?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

If you have Spad.next (which I highly recommend) all is working with that program.

I do not, but I will look into that. Link?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Just now, JasonPC said:

Thank you.

Brian A. Neuman

Just be aware that some configuration is required. It doesn't just work out of the box. The program is more of a control profile manager for various aircraft in the sim. Various aircraft use differing variables to store the data needed to control and display what you want on the Saitek displays.

If you have the Logitech drivers installed for v4 then you can point the exe.xml in v5 to the appropriate place and at least the multipanel will work. Add something like this to exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>
            <Name>Logitech Plugin for Prepar3D</Name>
            <Disabled>False</Disabled>
            <Path>C:\Program Files\Logitech\Prepar3D V4 Plugin\LogiPrepar3D.exe</Path>
            <CommandLine>-run</CommandLine>
        </Launch.Addon>

Edited by Gabshall
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Gabshall said:

If you have the Logitech drivers installed for v4 then you can point the exe.xml in v5 to the appropriate place and at least the multipanel will work. Add something like this to exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>
        </Launch.Addon>

This exactly - works for both the switch and radio panels.

• Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

On 4/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, Gabshall said:

<Launch.Addon>
        </Launch.Addon>

where do you find the exe.xml file?  (When you say multiplanel do you mean this would work with radio panel?)

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Radio panel is now working!  You guys are the best.  thanks. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

one thing i've noticed since adding this code to the V5 file also.  Sometimes (Doesn't matter if its V4 or V5) when I start up the sim the radio panel will remain off.  I'll restart the computer and restart and it comes back to life when I start the sim the next time.  This never happened before.  It really doesn't make sense either.  Because you wouldn't think adding that line to the V5 file would have anything to do with launching the file in the V4?

I’ve had the same thing happen to my yoke but none of my panels. I just unplug and plug the usb and it will start working again.

• Like 1

thanks.  That sounds much easier than a full reboot of computer and sim!

SPAD Next has a large community driven profile bank for almost any aircraft available for P3D/FSX. Must got through those to shortcut having to do profiles oneself.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"