Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

GTN750 Import Directory

Into what directory does one put a .gfp file to be imported into the GTN750?

This is for P3D ver 4.4

Tom

The manual says

Respectively if you use Prepar3D:
... \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D \ F1TGTN \

I have no .gfp files in that directory. However, when  I go to import I have four pages of flight plans.  I assumed that maybe the directory should be

... \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D \ F1TGTN \FPL

I have no .gfp files in that directory either but I still have four pages of flight plans when I go to import.

Hence, the question,

Tom

25 minutes ago, tjrush said:

Have you contacted F1 for support on their product?

Four pages?  Why not use a file management program and do a search of your system for .gfp files. 
They must be there.  Somewhere.  Sorry I cannot be of more help.  I moved from F1 to RXP GTN about two years ago.  My RXP manual is clear on the directory location, and to top that I can store the files in any directory or location I wish is I just put a shortcut to that location into the necessary GTN related folder.  I put mine in the same subdirectory that holds my simulator .flt and .pln files.  Makes it easier to back all of them up, GNS .fpl files included in that.

Suggest you do a file search of your system or that you contact F1.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

35 minutes ago, tjrush said:

I have no .gfp files in that directory either but I still have four pages of flight plans when I go to import.

Just re-read your post.  When you are seeing those four pages, are you looking at the GTN Flight Plan Catalog?  Or are you seeing all of those in an import routine?  The two of those are very different from each other.  The catalog shows you "stored" flight plans and the Garmin Trainer stores those within a sys_nand_ file in a nonvol folder.  Likely under ...\program data\Garmin\Trainers\GTN.  Stored flight plans are stored in an embedded fashion in the sys_nand_ file that is specific to the instance of your gauge.  Very different from .gfp files.  

Again, I am FSX and RXP user.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK here is what I discovered.  When you add a flight plan to .. \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D \ F1TGTN \FPL it is also copied to

C:\users\tyom\appdata\roaming\flight1 aviation technologies\gtngauge\navigator_1\winfs_mount\fpl

When the file is deleted from the first directory it remains in the second one and will still load into the GTN.  I have no idea what that second directory is.

Maybe my original question should have been, How do I delete the flight plans available for import?

Edited by tjrush

Tom

Search for them, and when you find them, delete them :happy:

Sounds to me like you already answered your own question..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

2 hours ago, alexcunille said:

Hi if anybody knows the answer just simply answer it, instead the sarcams!

I have a F1GTN in P3Dv4 it's in G:\P3Dv4\F1GTGTN\FPL

I have a RXP GTN in P3Dv5 it's in it's in ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

here's the trick though you MUST have at least one gfp flight plan in there, then you can goto the GTN under flight plan \ Menu \ Catalog \ Menu \ Import

If there's no gfp flight plan then the import wont work.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I own F1-GTN and this is really a problem not covered in manuals. I've been flying with F1-GTN750 for years, importing flight plans not exactly from the folder inside P3D. Yesterday, for the first time, I tried to import a recent flight plan and it simply did not appear in the list. I searched all my drives and found the following confused situation:

1. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_1\winfs_mount\FPL\
  2. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_2\winfs_mount\FPL\
  3. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_4\winfs_mount\FPL\

This is where F1-GTN750 imports the flight plans. But, why the flight plan made yesterday did not appear there? I tried another one today and it also did not appear. I will do more research and be back here with results.

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

17 hours ago, Heronjr said:

I own F1-GTN and this is really a problem not covered in manuals. I've been flying with F1-GTN750 for years, importing flight plans not exactly from the folder inside P3D. Yesterday, for the first time, I tried to import a recent flight plan and it simply did not appear in the list. I searched all my drives and found the following confused situation:

1. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_1\winfs_mount\FPL\
  2. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_2\winfs_mount\FPL\
  3. c:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\Navigator_4\winfs_mount\FPL\

This is where F1-GTN750 imports the flight plans. But, why the flight plan made yesterday did not appear there? I tried another one today and it also did not appear. I will do more research and be back here with results.

If I understand this correctly and I'll give you what I believe is happening but I could be wrong.

To import a plan it has to be in \P3Dv4\F1GTGTN\FPL

You "technically" can import it from the winfs_mount\FPL\ directory but I think that's where the GTN "STORES" the plan. I believe that there is a maximum number that you can have in that particular directory for the GTN to be able to see. If you exceed that number the GTN won't see it (I don't remember what the number is). That's why it has to come from the \P3Dv4\F1GTGTN\FPL directory which has no limit and then you use the GTN to Store the plan. Again I could be wrong.

Edited by FPStewy
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

21 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

To import a plan it has to be in \P3Dv4\F1GTGTN\FPL

Little typo...  \P3Dv4\F1TGTN\FPL :cool:

Bert

Yes, there is a number which is 50. I don't know yet why there are 3 subfolders in AppData called Navigator_1, _2 and _4. But when I press the GTN750 Import button, the flight plans are coming from Navigator_1. As my last plans were no more showing, then I simply removed the plans above the first one which did not appear, and bingo, there they are.

I agree the plans are imported originally from \P3DV4\F1GTN\FPL but the winfs folder import list is visibly greater than the \P3DV4\F1GTN\FPL list, so this is not the direct source. The order is:

1. Your planner (ex. Simbrief) generates the gfp files and saves it at \P3DV4\F1GTN\FPL.
  2. When you load the plane in the Sim and turn on the GTN750, it copies the newest plans from \P3DV4\F1GTN\FPL to the AppData...\Navigator_1\winfs...

When the AppData\...\winfs folder reaches more than 50 files, you cannot see the last plan you made.

Edited by Heronjr

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

One more thing: You should be aware that one thing is a Catalog (which can be many) and the other thing is the Import place, from where come the plans to the unity and also, if needed, may be added to the catalog.

Heron Domingues, Jr