Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

Ground Vehicles/Jetways

How do I get the jetways and ground vehicles to pull up to my plane when I park at a gate? Does it only work with gates that ATC assigns you or is there a trick to getting things in motion? Also, do pushback trucks hook up to planes for pushback?Also, has anyone else noticed that with some of the panels, if you hide them, it gives a 5 FPS increase?And where do I go in the sim to see birds, animals, etc running/flying around?

Hi,You might want to take a long look at the key assignments - Shift F10, then Keyboard button.Ctrl-J will move the jetway (FSX aircraft only, or you need to edit the EXITS section of the aircraft.cfg file to include the position of the passenger door).Shift E, then press 2 will open the cargo door and trigger the baggage conveyor (if present). Again, the cargo door location needs to be in the EXITS section of the aircraft.cfg file.Removing panels from view often leads to higher frame rates in all versions of FS.Fly around ships to see the birds, and the animals are present when performing missions - haven't heard of many around other than those. A few bears and such around bush airports.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

CTRL+J will get the jet way to the door. Make sure you park within the lines...may have some effect on it..ground vehicles will also get the luggage after you open the crago doors..SHIFT+E+2 is the usual crago door keysTow truck will push you back after SHIFT+P...but I have only seen that work if you push back from a gate with a tow truck etc nearby...Have not seen the tow if you are in an open spotHope that helpsBill

Guest Erkka84

You need to have "andvanced animations" on in the Graphics tab to get the jetways and ground crew to work.

>How do I get the jetways and ground vehicles to pull up to my>plane when I park at a gate? Does it only work with gates that>ATC assigns you or is there a trick to getting things in>motion? Also, do pushback trucks hook up to planes for>pushback?>>Also, has anyone else noticed that with some of the panels, if>you hide them, it gives a 5 FPS increase?>>And where do I go in the sim to see birds, animals, etc>running/flying around?The action will only triggered at the gate with AI stuff parked ;-)crtl + j = gateshift + f = fuel truckopen cargo bay and the ai will load the stuffshift + p = push backAndr

André

If you fly around certain areas you will see the birds, try flying a bell helecopter really close to the statue of libeity by new york new jersey, you sould see some birds around her.dont forget to have advanced advance animations on, if you dont see the birds then it might be the video card you are using.I also think you have to have the airport traffic to dense to be able to see the baggage trucks not sure.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

OK thanks. So basically, just look closely along the coast for birds and in the wild for animals?Got the AI airport vehicles going. Thanks.

I think the fuel truck will go anywhere. I was in a parking spot in the demo, and I called the fuel truck and it drove halfway across the airport and filled me up.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg