Sign in to follow this  
Jay_1327

Several Texture issues in FSX

Hey guys,

I'm having some texture issues in FSX and it's really getting annoying.  I have scoured and scoured the internet and have found no solution to my specific problem.  Here are my specs:

Sim: FSX with SP2

Windows 10

MSI Laptop (GP75 Leopard)

G Card: RTX 2070

CPU: 10th Gen i7-10750

Here are my issues:

First, when I try to run FSX without DX10 Preview activated, I get a black screen when trying to go fullscreen.  I know one fix for that is to activate DX10 Preview, and that does fix the problem, but now with that activated I get other issues.  The first is all World of AI aircraft turn white as soon as they move.  When at the gate the textures are normal, but soon as the pushback from the gate, all textures turn white and stay that way.  I've read that disabling DX10 Preview fixes that, but as explained above, I can't do that without getting the black screen issue.  Also, certain aircraft have texture issues.  I get the "blue Microsoft Flight Simulator X" textures on some aircraft, but only at night, and only on some parts of the aircraft.  I've included a screenshot below.  The Aircraft in the picture is the TDS Boeing 787-10 addon.  Now, when I revert back to DX10 Preview off, those problems go away, but again, I cannot fly in fullscreen.

https://imgur.com/a/T3ZWPeH

Does anyone have any insight to this?

Have you given any thought of purchasing Steve's DX10 fixer?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Isn't there a way of having a "false" full screen mode, like a windowed screen with the borders off the edge of your monitor?

If you do decide to go for the DX10 Fixer, then I also recommend his Cloud Shadows add-on. Yes there is an additional cost, but the fact that you gain cloud shadows in FSX (once you go above 1000 feet), lends the sim a good deal more immersion IMHO.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

Isn't there a way of having a "false" full screen mode, like a windowed screen with the borders off the edge of your monitor?

Yes, there is: I used to use Borderless Gaming. I can keep all my screen devoted to FS. I've seen only 3 downsides to this:

- If you're suffering from the VC mouse cursor FPS drop, in windowed mode you could move your cursor to the title bar and contain the situation. You won't have this possibility in borderless mode. After getting the PMDG 777, I decided to stop using Borderless Gaming because of this issue. The OP's laptop may be strong enough not to have it.
- There is a bug while the FSX UI or the progress bar is loading: sometimes the screen goes black with no explanation. The workaround for this is just task switching back and forth. You may use either Alt+Tab or (if using a laptop) a 3-finger horizontal scroll.
- If you're constantly worried about VAS, you won't be able to monitor it in the title bar, because there won't be one (obviously). Honestly, that was the least of my concerns.

If you can live with these downsides, Borderless Gaming is a good addition to your FSX. Please make sure it starts at boot.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.