Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Where Is The AP Located On 737-200C

May sound a nooob question, but where exactly is the A/T located? Tried to do a flight this morning, with a Combi version. For starters, my joystick that has been working perfectly on ALL aircraft, complex or plain simple one, only pushes one throttle forward at take-off, and then lo and behold nowhere to input the IAS, unless I am missing it right in front of my eyes.

As for looking it up in the Milviz Forum, I will hold my say!🤣

The ancient B737-200C has no "autothrottle." You actually need to use your aviation skills to manage the thrust power manually.

The Sperry 77 autopilot is essentially nothing more than a simple dual-axis autopilot and no more complex than what might be found in a C172... :dry:

Even the FD is not electrically linked to the Sperry 77. It is (when it works at all!) a pilot advisory indicator to pitch up/down or initiate a turn left or right.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for that Fr Bill. Elucidating. It's just that with a pitch of less than a 1000ft/min selected, the IAS dial was not climbing anything more than 140 kts despite full throttle engaged. I then had to drop the nose to increase IAS when I started getting some klaxon-like warnings. Navigation wise, no problems as I know how to navigate via VORs.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that Fr Bill. Elucidating. It's just that with a pitch of less than a 1000ft/min selected, the IAS dial was not climbing anything more than 140 kts despite full throttle engaged. I then had to drop the nose to increase IAS when I started getting some klaxon-like warnings. Navigation wise, no problems as I know how to navigate via VORs.

maybe you were close to MTOW? the -200 is a bit underpowered compared to more modern variants.

5 minutes ago, yurei said:

maybe you were close to MTOW? the -200 is a bit underpowered compared to more modern variants.

Again, thanks for that. But I was using MVAMS to select the Load Factors and deliberately chose low figures. Where do I get the MTOW figures from?

34 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Again, thanks for that. But I was using MVAMS to select the Load Factors and deliberately chose low figures. Where do I get the MTOW figures from?

Lots of useful info here.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow, thanks Alan. Just did my first VOR Navigation for eons and landed at LEPA. Yes, an engrossing version of the 737, I must say.

• Like 1