Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

747 V5 is out

Don't hold your breath on PMDG working with GSX. Here is a quote from RR on the PMDG forums 6 months ago in response to a customer complaining about the pitiful GSX integration:

"GSX is not a PMDG product. We are not responsible, nor do we want to be responsible to integrate someone else's work into our own. I am not a GSX owner (for technical and security reasons I won't install anything that uses couatl on a PMDG owned machine) and I don't know the first thing about how it works. We have seen GSX work beautifully well with our many other products, and I suspect it is just a matter of time before enterprising GSX users create whatever integration files or config files or whatever else is necessary to make it work.

You seem to insinuate that we have done something deliberate to negatively affect GSX users. This is not the case. We do nothing at all to inhibit your ability to use it so please do! In fact, we encourage users like you to support any developer who takes the time and energy to create something fun and useful.

Our own ground services module is there for customers who do not wish to use GSX. I think it would be in very poor taste for us to disable or remove functionality simply because a user prefers an alternate choice. That really isn't how the sim community works. Since you are a GSX user, I'm not sure why it upsets you- but I suspect that isn't something I can help you solve."

So it's pretty much "Well, you can't blame us because we aren't doing anything to purposefully prevent you from using GSX with our products."  Why go through the effort of making your own subpar gate services program when you can spend less resources to just integrate with the best? Because PMDG needs to have their logo emblazoned on the catering trucks. I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of people who would spend $140 on a 747 would also have spent $30 on GSX.

If you want an immersive experience from gate to gate, fly the FSL bus or Leonardo Maddog. If you want to drive your own pushback tug, fly PMDG lol.

Edited by bbain1187

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

In fairness though, credit where credit is due: after installing the PMDG 744 V5 update, I'm getting literally the same FPS in the PMDG 744 in the default scenario as I'm getting with the default F-35. I'm not sure if that speaks more to V5 or PMDG's optimization techniques, or both, but pretty impressive. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV