Sign in to follow this  
fluffyflops

747 V5 is out

So far getting constant DXGI errors after installing it. Not sure if it is something on my end or if others are experiencing this. Fantastic FPS ruined by a CTD unfortunately.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

No CTD yet for me (fingers crossed)- about 45 minutes into my flight. FPS was about 30 FPS in VC on the ground at stock KMEM, 50% traffic, 40 FPS external. At cruise I'm getting 60 (locked) external but the same 30 in the VC- not exactly the result I was hoping for.

30 FPS on the ground is an improvement of probably 5ish over what I was getting in P3D 4.5, so it's at least somewhat better. Not great, but better.

(I've got beta atmosphere turned off, using Active Sky + ASCA)

Edited by kiwikat

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Here we go again in Kbos from flytampa with the 747 

GTX 1080Ti 

i7 8700k 4,9 ghz

i have not seen it with any other aircraft i prepar3d v5 HF1 when do they learn ?

1 hour ago, modano said:

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Here we go again in Kbos from flytampa with the 747 

GTX 1080Ti 

i7 8700k 4,9 ghz

i have not seen it with any other aircraft i prepar3d v5 HF1 when do they learn ?

Join the club. i also have a 1080ti and a 8700k.

out of interest are you overclocking the gfx card in any way using afterburner , or asus tweak or ai suite.

Back in v4 when people with 1080tis got them Rob used to say its because of too much "power" to the card when its overclocked.  me personally think thats a crock of gash but thats just me.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Nope no overclocking the gfx card, never did that.

• Like 1

Why they have to make the login process so complicated is beyond me. I had to create a new password first, and this took four attempts before it was recognised as valid. This was followed by an access code that was sent to my email address, just to verify that it really was me! I understand that security is required, but I would prefer not to have to jump through flaming hoops just to access my own account....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

34 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Why they have to make the login process so complicated is beyond me. I had to create a new password first, and this took four attempts before it was recognised as valid. This was followed by an access code that was sent to my email address, just to verify that it really was me! I understand that security is required, but I would prefer not to have to jump through flaming hoops just to access my own account....

to try and stop the 3 russian,chinease and german pirating websites from getting their hands on the installers. 

14ppkc-6.png

41 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

to try and stop the 3 russian,chinease and german pirating websites from getting their hands on the installers. 

Please don‘t also forget the other countries like your own 😡

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, marco1989 said:

Please don‘t also forget the other countries like your own 😡

theres no canadian ones that I know of, or ones that end with with .co.uk.  ( I have dual citizenship) 

Alas I did forget the swedish one though 

he asked the question I answered it.  sorry if its not to your liking.  Facts not feels im afraid. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Trying to lay blame for software piracy from specific countries is bizarre.  The URL does not necessarily mean the owners reside there.

Regardless, nothing alters the fact the worst well documented IP thieves are the government of China.

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 2

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Trying to lay blame for software piracy from specific countries is bizarre.  The URL does not necessarily mean the owners reside there.

Regardless, nothing alters the fact the worst well documented IP thieves are the government of China.

Spot-on the mark, Boomer. That's why they tried to hide Wuhan from the world. Say it all !

• Like 1

To sign in and have  another tab open for email, copy and past the number over, wow it took around 10 seconds, shame on you PMDG for keeping everything secure.^^

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If it had taken me 10 seconds, I would not have bothered posting anything. The fact remains that it took multiple attempts for the system to recognise that I was providing a password in the format required, and then I had to retrieve yet another email to obtain an access code. Yes, maybe I overreacted a bit, but this is not the first time that the PMDG site has requested a change of password from me for no apparent reason.

Having said that, I love PMDG products, so I can live with it :smile:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png