Sign in to follow this  
767lover

alpha testers are becoming more vocal

14 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I'd be interested to have a feedback from pilots on the turbulent landing in the bilibili Sedona video.

My real experience. Every time I flew after 11pm local time it would be a real unstable atmosphere caused by high temperature. Now imagine high temperatures, moutains everywhere and a very wind sensible plane. That makes the Sedona video pretty accurate.

• Like 2

imyj2f-5.png

8 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

My real experience. Every time I flew after 11pm local time it would be a real unstable atmosphere caused by high temperature. Now imagine high temperatures, moutains everywhere and a very wind sensible plane. That makes the Sedona video pretty accurate.

Thanks. I had a discussion some months ago with a pilot serving the villages in the PNG highlands. They do all the flying early in the morning as the air becomes unstable the more the day advances. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks. I had a discussion some months ago with a pilot serving the villages in the PNG highlands. They do all the flying early in the morning as the air becomes unstable the more the day advances. 

Yeah, there's no better feeling than flying at 6am after a warm coffee and a piece of cake. 

imyj2f-5.png

16 hours ago, andrecarli737 said:

Yeah, there's no better feeling than flying at 6am after a warm coffee and a piece of cake. 

This is one of the litmus tests for me of the new weather and air dynamics systems. 

For instance, the Orbx PNG sceneries are a jewel of an addon but we don’t get a proper simulation of the turbulences caused by the terrain and the afternoon tropical air.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

38 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

For instance, the Orbx PNG sceneries are a jewel of an addon but we don’t get a proper simulation of the turbulences caused by the terrain and the afternoon tropical air.

Have you tried M.A. Realturb together with Active Sky? It enhances turbulence significantly in P3D.

48 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Have you tried M.A. Realturb together with Active Sky? It enhances turbulence significantly in P3D.

It seems to be a great addon indeed but I don’t think it works with my older version of P3D.  

Dominique