Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Simpson

P3D V5 UK Scenery Preferences

Morning folks,

I'm looking to set up my base scenery for the above but looking for advice on preferences.

Option A

Orbx Global Base, Orbx Global Open LC Europe, Orbx True Earth UK

Option B

Orbx Global Base, Orbx Global Open LC Europe, Just Flight NexGen VFR UK

Also would I still require Toposim Mesh if running with Orbx?

Welcome thoughts before I purchase something I am not happy with.

Thanks

Steve.

Systems: XP-11 System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 10.

Utilities System: Surface Book 2, I7, GTX1050, 16GBRAM, 500GB SSD, Windows 10.

signature-dark.png

I’m running 4.5 not 5 however from my experience....

If you’re just interested in flying in the U.K. and nowhere else then you’d only need the orbx true earth  products  and wouldn’t need to bother with global or Europe LC . The TE contains the mesh and everything  else you need.

I have both the Just flight VFR and orbx TE. I liked the JF product, it was light on performance and disk space , but to be honest   as expected  the orbx TE wins hands down. Nicer crisper scenery, and thousands of points of interest and custom auto gen buildings . I’ve also just added the new terra flora package which looks superb with TE.

TE is a bit more expensive but worth every penny, in fact considering the area it covers in such detail I can’t believe it’s so cheap, and it’s sometimes on sale. 

The UK2000 airports stand out a little sometimes with TE but obviously orbx versions blend perfectly.

I do a lot of low level military jet flying around your neighbourhood up in the highlands  in VR using orbx TE and it’s absolutely stunning.  

‘Orbx keep updating TE with new custom POIs , I could well be wrong but I don’t think JF have ever updated their VFR scenery.

747-400 captain. 

Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

That's Very Useful Jon.  Thanks for your input.

Steve

Systems: XP-11 System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 10.

Utilities System: Surface Book 2, I7, GTX1050, 16GBRAM, 500GB SSD, Windows 10.

signature-dark.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jon b said:

Orbx keep updating TE with new custom POIs , I could well be wrong but I don’t think JF have ever updated their VFR scenery.

We could do with another POI update for TrueEarth GB (all three regions), as there are plenty more important landmarks to be added (including a number of large bridges, which are arguably the most important and visually obvious landmarks of the lot).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png