Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

P3D v5 AI traffic

17 minutes ago, Chock said:

That's hardly a 'one click install' then, is it?

Once the initial faff is done, it is just one click to install an airline.
Admittedly the name creates the wrong first impression.

14 minutes ago, kiek said:

OP  was looking for realistic traffic ... 😉

Yes, but not 'no traffic' 😄
Some interesting flights around. Flights by airlines you don't normally see and originating from places you wouldn't expect https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/w8985#248e55b2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm struggling with Ultimate Traffic Live to set the installation targets to get it to see P3D v5.

I've set the main directory to c:\program files\lockheed martin\prepar3d v5\ - I assume this is correct?

But I can't seem to locate the .cfg file? There's a Prepar3D.exe.config in the main directory but I can't select that as it only lets me click folders and doesn't show other files...

46 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm struggling with Ultimate Traffic Live to set the installation targets to get it to see P3D v5.

I've set the main directory to c:\program files\lockheed martin\prepar3d v5\ - I assume this is correct?

But I can't seem to locate the .cfg file? There's a Prepar3D.exe.config in the main directory but I can't select that as it only lets me click folders and doesn't show other files...

Is there not a UTL Forum?

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Is there not a UTL Forum?

Apologies, I'm new to all this so still getting my head around all the rules...

7 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Hi guys,

I've been looking for realistic AI traffic to populate P3D v5 with. Looks like Ultimate Traffic only works with V4.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

Have you ever considered flying online?  There are INCREDIBLE, free AI Traffic available for VATSIM and IVAO Users (POSCON coming soon) with many thousands of aircraft/liveries, and the install process is a snap.  If you've never flown online but are interested,you use P3Dv4/5, then we're flying the Aerosoft Airbuses, Leonardo MaddogX MD-80,  Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro and the TFDi B717 in shared cockpit all the time and taking people up to help them learn how to fly online.  This method is not only some of the most fun you'll have in flight sim, it also compresses the learning time frame by a factor of at least 10.

PM me if you are interested.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

UTL is not V5 ready. Those using it in V5 had it already installed in V4 and just needed to modify some entries. A clean install in V5 will need to wait for an updated version.

Cheers,

howevr

8 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Apparently not on avsim...

No, official forum is here: http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=5&title=ultimate-traffic-live

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models