Sign in to follow this  
RVxSpeed

Need community help regarding FSDT GSX product on P3DV5

4 minutes ago, RVxSpeed said:

Thanks for the video. Your video shows that it reaches 6.5/10GB mine got crash at 6.2/7.0GB. So, there is something really wrong with GSX & VRAM.

The video proves exactly the opposite: there's NOTHING wrong with GSX and VRAM.

With an 11GB card, the sim can safely use more memory than with an 8GB card, because with 90% of the VRAM taken, the sim is STRUGGLING to make space for all the things it needs.

It's not a problem using lots of VRAM. In fact, the more VRAM CAN be used, the faster the sim will run. But if you are too close to the limit ( because your settings are too high for your hardware ), you are making the sim do extra work trying to find a free contiguos chunk of memory, eventually leading to a crash.

Edited by virtuali

6 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You can't be more wrong than this.  And no, the "community" is not giving sharing any of your views. Quite the opposite, in fact.

EVERYTHING you install takes away SOME VRAM. Your settings take some VRAM, and yours are insanely high for your hardware, and this is common knowledge. That's why your logic that we should "optimize" GSX, as if was "wasting" memory, is completely wrong.

Start with optimize your settings, instead, since nobody can run P3D V5 with 8GB with everything to the right.

And BTW, I posted the video you asked, clearly proving GSX WORK FLAWLESSLY IN P3D V5, with a detailed airport on an detailed 3rd party airplane so no, it's not as if it only runs "vanilla", if you were trying to imply that.

You said on forum when i posted a video at earlier days that i was not using exact same scenario. Your claim is not valid. Remember i am saying because you used to deny my claim the same way like i am denying yours.

- You are using a completely different aircraft. There might be an issue with PMDG 747 & GSX.
- You are using a completely different scenery. There might be an issue with the scenery that i am using & GSX.

Also since you are emphasizing so much on vram thing. Why don't you say in your product that maxing out setting may cause crash while using GSX.

Your statement "EVERYTHING you install takes away SOME VRAM. Your settings take some VRAM, and yours are insanely high for your hardware, and this is common knowledge." is also not valid. Since i myself can run P3DV5 with all sliders to the right without having the sim to crash.

Edited by RVxSpeed

Muntasir Ahmed

1 minute ago, RVxSpeed said:

You said on forum when i posted a video at earlier days that i was not using exact same scenario. Your claim is not valid.

- You are using a completely different aircraft. There might be an issue with PMDG 747 & GSX.
- You are using a completely different scenery. There might be an issue with the scenery that i am using & GSX.

Perfect.

You FINALLY admitted the problem might be caused by something ELSE than GSX. But opposite to you, I won't make the mistake of saying it's "their fault".

It's NOBODY's fault if you don't understand you cannot use P3D V5 with an 8GB card with all sliders to the right and 90% of VRAM taken, without risking a crash.

There's nothing else left to say, really. It's abundantly clear to everyone that you are clutching at straws, because your flawed argument has been completely disproved, in text AND in video.

I'll repeat it again:

GSX works flawlessly with P3D V5, with an highly detailed airport using an highly detailed 3rd party airplane.

And yes, I'll redo my test as soon I'll get back the PMDG 747 ( of course, PMDG users can chime in confirming they use GSX normally with V5 )

And no, I will NOT download your scenery. Sorry, but that's too much to ask for and what will prove anyway ? I don't think a normal scenery could crash the sim unless, of course, you are short on VRAM because of your settings so, again, ANYTHING can crash the sim, at any time.

2 hours ago, RVxSpeed said:

Yes he suggested doing vanilla test & i am declining to do that. Because my logic is the sim the works flawless with all addons installed & without running GSX. Why will it only crash when running GSX service.

There's your problem right there!

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Just now, RVxSpeed said:

Community speaking against me? Let me make you re think.

You are really something...

You came here asking the "community" for help, and everybody said the same thing ( which you are wrong ), so you reverted to a random Facebook post to "prove" what ? People comment all kind of nonsense on Facebook, that doesn't make it right.

Without even mentioning someone in the very post you copied told you it was your sound card crashing the sim.

3 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You are really something...

You came here asking the "community" for help, and everybody said the same thing ( which you are wrong ), so you reverted to a random Facebook post to "prove" what ? People comment all kind of nonsense on Facebook, that doesn't make it right.

Without even mentioning someone in the very post you copied told you it was your sound card crashing the sim.

I don't make talk out of empty sky. I always say things that have solid ground. Yup calling customer nonsense is very much ACCEPTABLE,Right?.

Maybe soundcard & GSX. Since using Ground Crew X doesn't cause my sim to crash using the same SOUNDCARD.

Edited by RVxSpeed

Muntasir Ahmed

13 minutes ago, RVxSpeed said:

I don't make talk out of empty sky. I always say things that have solid ground. Yup calling customer nonsense is very much ACCEPTABLE,Right?.

You called me "i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t developer" on our forum. Being a customer doesn't give you the right to offend.

Maybe soundcard & GSX. Since using Ground Crew X doesn't cause my sim to crash using the same SOUNDCARD.

Your last video didn't show a sound card problem. Instead, it show ( YOU showed it  in the Event Viewer!! ) a crash of your VIDEO card driver, which is entirely normal considering your insanely high graphic settings with an 8GB card. Everybody knows that doing that with P3D V5 is asking for trouble.

I'd say it's possible you are not getting a crash with another product that has a visibly lower graphic quality ( textures and animation, and does only pushback ) than GSX, so I would expect it might use a bit less of VRAM, and that might just be enough to save your skin.

Of course, you would probably have achieved the same result with GSX just by lowering your settings a bit.

Edited by virtuali

2 minutes ago, virtuali said:

You called me "i-g-n-o-r-a-n-t developer" on our forum. Being a customer doesn't give you the right to offend.

Your last video didn't show a sound card problem. Instead, it show ( YOU showed it  in the Event Viewer!! ) a crash of your VIDEO card driver, which is entirely normal considering your insanely high graphic settings with an 8GB card. Everybody knows that doing that with P3D V5 is asking for trouble.

I'd say it's possible you are not getting a crash with another product that has a visibly lower graphic quality ( textures and animation ) than GSX, so I would expect it might use a bit less of VRAM, and that might just be enough to save your skin.

Of course, you would probably have achieved the same result with GSX just by lowering your settings a bit.

5.0/7.0GB still crash. Mind you i have all the evidence that clearly shows that there is an issue with your product.

You are on so much insisting VRAM,excessive higher setting. Ok i will post another video with lower settings & i can tell right now even with lower setting GSX will still cause the sim to crash.

A word of advice for you: Confidence is good, Overconfidence is a very bad thing to have.

Muntasir Ahmed

8 minutes ago, virtuali said:

That's what i said. Not anyone else. You do not have the right to offend other customers despite their expression on any social media ground. & your behaviour made me say that. Never in my entire engineering & personal life i have ever seen any developer behaving like the way you are handling things do that. That includes professional,simming & retail gaming.

Muntasir Ahmed

2 minutes ago, RVxSpeed said:

5.0/7.0GB still crash. Mind you i have all the evidence that clearly shows that there is an issue with your product.

Again, you are really something. You posted your early video in which the crash was caused by the sound card, because we can clearly hear your audio stuttering moments before the crash, as soon as you change the volume.

That's the same thing one of your Facebook friends tried to tell you, in the post you used as "evidence" of the community behind you...

@RVxSpeed
FWIW I just tested GSX with PMDG 747 at default VGHS Dhaka. No crash. Have you tried testing with just default airport? Have you tested without running any apps in the background? Without ASP3D? Do that and then start adding one item at a time.

This with a PMDG product that is not cleared for takeoff for P3Dv5HF2. 

My system is almost 4 years old.
OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.19041 Build 19041
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P2.60, 7/6/2016
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 1080
Driver version: 446.14

Spoiler

ti9QU0W.jpg

f7U6neb.jpg

LSkcrLI.jpg

TWD4iIF.jpg

Edited by BillS511

4 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

FWIW I just tested GSX with PMDG 747 at default VGHS Dhaka. No crash. Have you tried testing with just default airport? Have you tested without running any apps in the background? Without ASP3D? Do that and then start adding one item at a time.

No, he clearly said he REFUSED to do that, because he's convinced he should be able to run P3D V5 with all sliders to the right with an 8GB card, using multiple add-ons, some of them clearly labeled as Beta, and if he can't, it's surely must be because of GSX.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Sorry - I can see this going nowhere. To the OP - you have been given an answer which you refuse to accept. You have been given a method to attempt to clarify the issue which you refuse to accept. You are continually blaming the product when ALL other causes have not been eliminated.

There is no point in continuing this discussion so I am locking it down.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors