Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

How's this airplane?

Hi:

It's on sale so I'm thinking about picking it up.  Is it OK?  Lots of bugs?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The G1000 is typical Carenado quality... ☹️

If you own a GTN 750, you can contact me for a nice GTN retrofit.. which makes the Phenom a really nice airplane to fly..

• Like 1

Bert

Hi

i have the Phenom 300 v.2.0 with Navigraph extension pack and have Navigraph membership to keep the G1000/FMC up to date. The AP has some bugs, when I purchased (at regular price) and flew the first time I thought I made a bad decision, actually it was frustrating because I did not understand how to use the AP at all, but I found a FS Mania video and helped me to know how to avoid some AP issues. 

After that, I really enjoy flying this aircraft, now I don’t have problems creating Flight Plans in G1000, using Vnav, ILS App, etc... flight dynamics seems to be good and the model is great... If you buy this add on dont expect a perfect aircraft, it has some issues and you have to learn how to deal with them...  but after I learned how to handle those issues I regularly use this jet in my flights, you will enjoy it

Regards

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with dmvega81 on the flight dymamics and of course it's great to look at (Carenado fame).

I gave up on using the G1000 and opted to use the Aiviasoft EFB for flight plans. It works great but if you want a "stay in cockpit" experience everyone has said the GTN750 is the way to go.

Have fun.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone.  I’m really tired of airplanes with bugs so I’ll pass.  I don’t mind learning a new airplane but not banging my head crash after crash.  That’s not simming.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Thanks everyone.  I’m really tired of airplanes with bugs so I’ll pass.  I don’t mind learning a new airplane but not banging my head crash after crash.  That’s not simming.  

As I said... IF you own a GTN750, this can be a very nice airplane.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

As I said... IF you own a GTN750, this can be a very nice airplane.. 😉

That's faint praise if I may say so. What's it like without the GTN750?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

33 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

That's faint praise if I may say so. What's it like without the GTN750?

Typical Carenado avionics... buggy

• Like 1

Bert