Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Matty2123

V5 and 2080

Recommended Posts

I find it incredible that v5 is bringing cards like 2080 etc to their knees I’m gutted I moved so soon gut was telling me to stay at 4.5 numerous crashes one tonight vcruntime140 Lost all confidence to fly it at the moment. Debating whether to put simming aside for the time being in a hope it will improve. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have an RTX 2060 with 6 GB and P3D v5 runs just fine. I can nearly max out settings with some planes, even while using Orbx sceneries. Not sure if that dll error is related to your graphics card.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I had a fslabs with orbx etc got over London getting ready to hit the LOC for 27R done a quick view outside the plane boom ctd gutted but it was only from Glasgow so a short hop keeping an open mind with it 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Matty2123 said:

I had a fslabs with orbx etc got over London getting ready to hit the LOC for 27R done a quick view outside the plane boom ctd gutted but it was only from Glasgow so a short hop keeping an open mind with it 

 

1 hour ago, Matty2123 said:

I find it incredible that v5 is bringing cards like 2080 etc to their knees I’m gutted I moved so soon gut was telling me to stay at 4.5 numerous crashes one tonight vcruntime140 Lost all confidence to fly it at the moment. Debating whether to put simming aside for the time being in a hope it will improve. 

You have lost confidence after a single flight taking the most complex/CPU heavy aircraft into the notoriously computer-crushing scenery area of London - to the point where you are thinking of quitting simming??

Take a deep breath, choose a less-taxing aircraft and/or location, adjust your slider and get back to it. Your 2080 will be fine.


Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 2080 Ti. Flying P3D v5, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS in VR. 

xHQaMSP.jpg CYpqh7S.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Share this post


Link to post

My advise would be to go back to v4.5 if you are having these issue's. Sure v5 is smoother but v4.5 is stable. No need to quit flying. Just give it more time. LM will get it figured out after another point release or so and by then all the 3rd party stuff will be solid too. Besides v4.5 loaded with all the bells and whistles is pretty amazing. 


Flight Simulator - P3D V4.5/V5 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - GIGABYTE RTX2080 OC Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H115i CUSTOM LOOP W/ DUAL 280MM RADIATORS | Power Supply - EVGA 1000+ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

 

You have lost confidence after a single flight taking the most complex/CPU heavy aircraft into the notoriously computer-crushing scenery area of London - to the point where you are thinking of quitting simming??

Take a deep breath, choose a less-taxing aircraft and/or location, adjust your slider and get back to it. Your 2080 will be fine.

I’ve had numerous crash to desktop tonight was the first one in a flight I’d like to go back to v4 but have to much addons to convert back. Just have to play with the settings 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Matty2123 said:

I’ve had numerous crash to desktop tonight was the first one in a flight I’d like to go back to v4 but have to much addons to convert back. Just have to play with the settings 

  • Start with default settings, and slowly work up from there.
  • Don't start with the FSL bus. That is literally the toughest aircraft in terms of impact on your system, by a fair margin.
  • Avoid any other add-ons that might introduce instability. I tend to avoid GSX, for example, when I am not feeling brave.
  • Ctrl-Z to bring up your VRAM, and keep an eye on that. I've never had a problem, but I've got a bit more VRAM than you so it won't hurt to check.
  • If you've made any tweaks to the CFG, get rid of them.
  • If you're using addon scenery, remove it while testing. Once you're happy that things are stable, progressively re-add v5 compliant addons, then selected v4 airports as needed.
  • Make sure that Windows and your GPU drivers are fully up to date.
  • As you are new to v5, make sure that you have HF2 installed (not sure if it's included with the version you have downloaded, check that - pre-HF1 v5 was unstable and has some obvious bugs).
  • Although I love EA, it is beta, so I would start with that off as well.
  • If you are really struggling, uninstall the client an then reinstall. My client was corrupt a month or so ago, causing problems with addon installs and minor instability. Only takes a few minutes to do.

Good luck, stick with it, v5 is worth it and your 2080 GPU should be fine.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Rob

Sim rig: i9900K @ 5GHz, 2080 Ti. Flying P3D v5, X-plane 11, Aerofly FS2 and DCS in VR. 

xHQaMSP.jpg CYpqh7S.jpg

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Share this post


Link to post

i swapped by 2080 which I loved for a 1080ti 11gig is needed V5 and VR never ever run 4096 textures


Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 2080 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...