Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Couple of Freeware samples from today....

[Note: First of all, it was so "exciting" when, today, I happened to make my casual (but regular) visit (virtually) to the JF Website, and the first (rolling) Advertisement Screenshot, on their main page, (you know the ones with (< >) tabs at each end), that caught me, off guard, was the one for a "NEW MICROSOFT SIMULATOR"...(PRE ORDER, of course...🙂...), nonetheless, in spite of, myself, (at least, generally) being "up" on all the hundreds of pages in the "Other" Forum, seeing this invitation there on the JF's website, today, for the first time, made me realize, this is for real...(how long we have waited)...!! I recalled. also, how, ages ago, I'd picked up a copy of the "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight", completely without any lack of interest, during one of my visits to the local "Walmart",...the primary objective of the visit been to get a couple of movie DVDs, from "that" bin of discarded (~$1) Movie DVDs (btw, trust me, it's not easy to dig deep into that bin to retrieve one to inspect that you may like...)...Anyway, the FS2004 SIM (Boxed, of course), on the shelf nearby, somehow, had caught my fancy...(and here, today, we're now, with the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - ready for pre-order...)..!!...We're finally there, well, "almost"....all the best to the MS team..!]

Anyway, I found a Freeware C152 repaint, in the Library, today, of an (old) Just Flight C152 model that still, fortunately, seemed to lurk around in my hangar....

Extract from the author's Readme of this C152 repaint:

"These aircraft were based at Fishburn Airfield, County Durham, which is a small grass strip airfield in Fishburn, County Durham. The airfield  was opened in June 1995 by the then local MP and Leader of the Opposition  Tony Blair. It was named as "Airfield of the year" by aviation magazine  Flyer in 2004 for its welcoming atmosphere and bacon butties...."

BTW, it was a bit difficult for me to (exactly) locate this (UK) Airfield, both on Map and in FSX....the nearest I found, for my FSX, is the "DURHAM Tees Valley Community Airport (ICAO=EGNV)", (New Name = Teesside International Airport). Durham is a County in North East England, where the Fishburn Airfield is situated (one of the "locals" here will probably put me straight, if I mis-spoke...🙂...)...

So, please find, below, 4 images, of the C152 (G-BXTB) lifting off from Durham Tees Valley Airport (England)....

The C152 variant (along with the C150) has been always of special interest to me (somehow it felt (actually it is) more historic that the familiar C172 of FSX, we are all so used to...!)...

Just a bit of Cessna history:

The Cessna models (120, 140, and 140A), are all single-engine, two-seat, conventional landing gear (tailwheel), light general aviation aircraft that were first produced in 1946, immediately following the end of World War II. Production ended in 1951, and they were succeeded in 1959 by the Cessna 150, a similar two-seat trainer "which introduced the (iconic) Cessna tricycle gear". The Cessna 150, on record, is the fifth most produced civilian plane ever, with 23,839 aircraft produced...Then the Cessna 152, shown below, (introduced in 1977), was based on the earlier Cessna 150 incorporating a number of minor design changes and a slightly more powerful engine. The Cessna 152 has been out of production for more than "35" years, yet many are still airworthy and are still in regular use for flight training....!

The other three (final) screenshots, below, are for the "Beechcraft D17 Staggerwing" (Wheeled Version - Original model by Simtech) - the maroon paint caught my attention....

Hope you enjoy...these (lovable) Classics...flying over English countryside... !!

[Freeware/JF(Aircraft), Orbx(England)]

KqUeN3.png

5QyHw6.png

b11KkL.png

7z2qyE.png

gUyxxg.png

j45x2X.png

hS5ZLk.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I realise that it's probably not worth it just for some screenshots but Fishburn is available in payware as part of this set..

http://www.uk2000scenery.com/vfrairfields/My_Homepage_Files/Page18.html

I also found a freeware one if you wish..

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/8847/fsx-fishburn-airfield-scenery/

:cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Beautiful,That Staggerwing is a great example of the gorgeous styling of it's time

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Mark: Many thanks for the pointers...!! I do like small Airports a lot.....I might try these for myself....

Patrick: Appreciated the comments...!! The Beech Staggerwing, with its atypical negative wing stagger (the lower wing is farther forward than the upper wing),...always has appeared to me a bit curious...first flown back in 1932...And, I completely agree, the Beech planes were all known as great examples of both gorgeous styling and creature comfort...!

• Upvote 1