Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Went livery-searching a bit for my Brasilia...

Today, I spent some time, looking around for additional repaints for Carenado's Emb-120 Brasilia. One of my objectives was to possibly find any more pure "Metal" liveries, like the SkyWest one, I'd shown, in my post. I was not successful, in this specific regard. However, I discovered other liveries (most from the local AVSIM Library itself). So, please find, below, a (small) collection of (varied and attractive) liveries of this plane. This set includes two samples of the vibrant colors of OceanAir (these were pointed out to me by a member, and are really fun to fly). [Side Note on OceanAir: The airline was established in 1998, in Brazil, as an air taxi company and then began to operate scheduled services in 2002. In 2004, OceanAir's parent company bought the Colombian airline Avianca, and as a result OceanAir became a feeder for Avianca's flights. It has been since re-branded as Avianca, and, likely, we have now lost these (Braniff-type) original color schemes, and, all the more reason to fly them in the SIM....]

Also, while, studying a bit more into the history of Embraer Brasilia, I uncovered, a few curious facts about its roots. I've included some (historical) text, below. If you're interested, please read, or, you may just directly go to the screenshots. All pictures, below, are snapped, in the skies around the same (default Orbx) locale of EGNV (Durham Tees Valley) Airport, of my earlier post on Freeware samples.

Historical Notes:

Embraer 120 Brasilia (turboprop) was the natural evolution (and built upon the foundation) of the company's earlier successful model, the Embraer 110 Bandeirante. Emb-120 was the (upstart but ambitious) Embraer's plan for their very first transport category airliner. It was introduced in 1985, and within less than 10 years, of it, with ERJ-135/145, Embraer would be already making in-roads into the highly competitive commuter jet market, on its way to (world-wide) renown.

The first curious fact is that Brasilia's predecessor (and precursor), the Emb-110 Bandeirante (English: Pioneer), was actually designed by a French engineer, Max Holste. Max Holste's connection to the (nascent) Brazilian company, Embraer, and his own life-story are somewhat fascinating (and a bit haunting). Born in Nice (France), Max Holste was an aeronautical engineer, who had founded a company of the same (= Holste) name, that would eventually become Reims-Cessna, and would manufacture F406 Caravan II (imagine your familiar Cessna 208 Caravan but with "two" engines - developed from Cessna 404 Titan...). While in France, Holste had also designed the Broussard series of (Pratt & Whitney powered) piston-engined planes, very successful at the time (but mainly for French military use). He had many advanced (future) plans for it, including civil, but, unfortunately, for him, (driven to some extent, by the political factors), sales (and export) soon fell, and his company's finances quickly deteriorated. Holste was "ruined". To make things worse, his factory got taken over by one of his close associates, and with capital infusion from Cessna, Holste's namesake company would then disappear, it would be first renamed Reims Aviation (later Reims-Cessna, see above).

So, Holste left France for Brazil in 1964, having contacts there from his (former) Broussard sales visits. Brazil's nascent aviation industry welcomed the designer as a star. He was soon appointed as lead designer on the Bandeirante project, which first flew just four years later. But, Holste (likely) always wanted to have a company of his own, so, unhappy, he formed his own company, and lived in neighboring countries for the following years. "Ruined again, recently divorced, and not on speaking terms with his children, he returned to France with a South American nurse in 1995, aged 82. He died in anonymity in 1998 and was buried in Hyères; reportedly no-one attended his burial. In 2016 a commemorative service was held at Holste's grave in his honor". But, the current Embraer, with its diversified range of (civil and defense) portfolio, owes a bit of its (humble) origin to this French Engineer, whose, design of the Emb-110 Bandeirante, would (first) give Embraer, a solid foot-hold, as a reliable (and profitable) manufacturer in the aircraft industry, and the rest is history, as they say...

[Final Note: I was equally struck by a bit of surprise (and pleasure) when visiting the Carenado (vendor) website (btw, to examine the F406 Caravan mentioned in my post, here), and was met, on the front page, with the Pre-Order Offer for the Microsoft Flight Simulator (please note, I'd seen, the same (speaking for myself alone), for the first time on the JF Website, too, yesterday). As far as I recall, this is un-usual for Carenado, since, they normally offer only their own aircraft on their own website....In any case, this seems all good and bodes well, I would say, for the new Simulator, and its sales, being funneled (partnered) through many known SIM developers...for wider acceptance......]

Thanks for your interest...!! Good day...!

[Carenado(B120)/Orbx(England)/REX]

QpaMdH.png

BqbdLI.png

3xZ1ti.png

QsTpRO.png

mc0R1o.png

SfFUYr.png

cHRgqu.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 2

Lots more Brasilia repaints (including metal) at edrm-repaints.com

John

• Like 1

Ed:

Thank you..! I now notice that the United Express Emb-120's Engine coverings are all shiny "metal"...and, yes, agree, this one looks nice on the Brasilia...!!

John:

Thanks for the reference to this wonderful site...by Marius...(no need for Registration, either, to download the repaints...)

But, could you tell me, how I get Brasilia repaints...there...? I see "Aero"/"Aerospatiale"/"Airbus" TABs..

But, is that last "Avions de Transport Regional" where Brasilia repaint are there maybe....it's not clickable, though...I'm probably missing something simple, here,....thanks..!!

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 1

At EDRM you have to pull the right hand slider down until you get to "Embraer." (Kind of a tricky navigation setup.) Then you have to click on each aircraft registration number separately to get a picture. And then you can download. This site also has great, one-of-a-kind repaints for other Carenado aircraft including Saab 340, Short 360, Dornier Do228, Cessna 170B, and many A2A aircraft. Just remember to use the slider to go all the way to the bottom of the alphabetical aircraft manufacturer listings or you'll miss some.

John

• Upvote 1

For each manufacturer listed, you need to hover on the little outlined drawing of the particular model. It will turn red. Then click and you will be taken to the individual registrations. (Forgot to mention there are lots and lots of ATR 42/72 repaints and Beech 1900D also.)

John

Edited by John F
  • Upvote 1

John:  

Once you explained it, here, it was easy...🙂...I was "clicking" on that Blue Crayon TAB at RHS, but was not dragging/sliding it down...(anyway, quite a pleasing presentation of repaints on that webpage of Marius's...). Thanks again for the pointer...!!

Folks:

Please find, below, few more liveries of this nice plane. Of course, I wish, I had, in this cockpit, at least, the same/similar level of a FMS as that in my PMDG JS41 or MJC8 Q400 turboprops...🙂...oh well...anyway, this Carenado Brasilia, surely, has its own rightful place in my SIM, and, is, actually, good fun to fly, too....as much as the above two (more complex) SIMs....they all provide distinct kinds of enjoyment...!

For a bit of variety, here, I have turned off the Engines/Props, in these screenshots, via Carenado's interactive (GUI) interface (see couple of screenshots with the pop-up menu, on one). This is, btw, Carenado's standard engine configuration interface, as far as I recall, though, on this plane, I've not yet explored the various choices offered on this menu.

I have added, in this addendum Post, the Pink and Blue OceanAir liveries (see Note about OceanAir airline, in my post above)...plus, 4 other liveries (see notes below).

Brief Notes on the other liveries, below:

1. Continental Connection - (Continental Connection was a brand name under which several commuter airline carriers operated services marketed exclusively by Continental Airlines. in 2012, the "Continental Connection" name was discontinued and the operation was renamed "United Express" (see the first image above, in my previous set) following the merger of Continental Airlines with United Airlines).
  2. Força Aérea Brasileira (FAB) - (The Brazilian Air Force's (initial) aircraft orders had contributed significantly to the survival and growth of the newly formed Embraer company. It had placed 80 orders for Embraer-110 Bandeirante, before the aircraft manufacturer came to be known outside Brazil. The Embraer-120 Brasilia, however, did receive orders, from worldwide operators, and, the Brazilian Air Force, continued to be also a major operator of the Brasilia).
  3. RusLine Aero - (This is an airline from Russia (interesting orange/blue color), which operates mostly domestic regional flights, as well as holiday charters. Its headquarters are located in Moscow's business center, with the city's Domodedovo International Airport serving as the most important base for its flight operations. The airline is currently in service, and, in the recent past, had operated Brasilias till 2015).
  4. Ameriflight - (Another lovely metallic paint for this plane...! Note similarity of the color-scheme with my earlier post's SkyWest livery. Ameriflight is an American cargo airline with headquarters at the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. It is the largest United States FAA Part 135 cargo carrier. It's currently operational, and has an active fleet of 13 Embraer 120ER Brasilias (along with Metroliner and Beechcraft model turboprops)).

Thanks for viewing and hope you enjoy...!!

MygqVy.png

FHaKuh.png

95e7Ei.png

SgsixH.png

BYg1wz.png

B7jeyP.png

1Fmc8E.png

qFNxYQ.png

0zIuC8.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 2