Sign in to follow this  
gpaviation

Problem getting Reality XP G530 to run on XP11 (resolved)

In your Log.txt in your X-Plane main folder, are there any lines with "rxpGNS" in it? If so, what does it say?

• Like 1

@gpaviation, are you still having problems, or did you finally get it working?

Nope, did not get it working so I have given up, which is disappointing because as a consumer I expect that when I pay for something it will work, which is not the case for Reality XP product I bought.

I certainly will not recommend Reality XP product to others.

Please don't give up. I'll keep trying to help you until we get it figured out. Can you post your log.txt from your main X-plane 11 folder? This may help me figure what is going on.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 1:54 PM, dpdurst said:

disregard, I'm up and running!

Hi,

I'm glad you've finally sorted this you.

Would you mind sharing what was the root cause in the end and what solved it so that it helps others having similar problems in the future?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 8/19/2020 at 9:32 AM, RXP said:

Hi,

I'm glad you've finally sorted this you.

Would you mind sharing what was the root cause in the end and what solved it so that it helps others having similar problems in the future?

Sure in a nutshell, slow down, don't go so fast, read the documentation (twice in my case) and if in doubt start over.

1. download product, and following directions
2. Install and verify the plugin software is in Xplane
4. Forget trying to use the trainer, it just doesn't work (in my case and appears to have nothing to do with the actual setup in the airplane)

5. Found the document that explains step, by step how to get the screenshot to take measurements and how to edit the .ini file.

Bingo! once I had read that one key document on and verified the plugin was installed (I guess I didn't the first time) it all came together. Now have it running in many aircraft.

• Like 1

I use X-Plane 11, Carenado B200 / PA31 with a RealSimGear GNS530

and most importantly Navigraph.  

Reality-XP FAIL to state that it will work with Navigraph or Carenado or Real Sim Gear.

I note that Reality-XP has NO contact information, no support whatsoever.

Reality-XP  discount coupons for dubious reasons are "zipped up" .cn files that cannot

be opened by most people including me.

Has anyone used Reality-XP with the above combination, especially Navigraph?

Is there a real contact for Reality-XP ?

Are Reality-XP and RealSimGear connected?

Edited by RXP
removed comments not directly related to RXP support

On 9/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, Ramjet555 said:

I use X-Plane 11, Carenado B200 / PA31 with a RealSimGear GNS530

and most importantly Navigraph.  

Reality-XP FAIL to state that it will work with Navigraph or Carenado or Real Sim Gear.

I note that Reality-XP has NO contact information, no support whatsoever.

Reality-XP  discount coupons for dubious reasons are "zipped up" .cn files that cannot

be opened by most people including me.

Has anyone used Reality-XP with the above combination, especially Navigraph?

Is there a real contact for Reality-XP ?

Are Reality-XP and RealSimGear connected?

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such troubles. But I have to say, Reality-XP and RealSimGear do have there own web sites and support forums, and they do help a lot.

I've used Reality-XP since their very beginning, and I have to say, their support is top-notch. When I had a problem, they were quick to help, and never stopped reaching out until I got my problem fixed.

When you visit their web site, Reality-XP.com, you will find that they have several tabs at the top of their page, "Discover"-which provides information about their site, and a page showing all of their products, old and new, the "Store"-where you can purchase all of the available addons they offer, the "Learn" tab-tells you all about their products, their capabilities, and and related information on the proper usage of their software, and the "Community" tab-provides you links to their various forums, broken down between the different sims, where you can get all kinds of support on how to install, setting things up, troubleshooting tips, and even pre-configured panel configs to help make it easier to set up your aircraft.

Their web site mentions in several places that their GNS's and GTN's use Garmin GNS/GTN Trainer software to drive their instruments, so they are not  directly compatible with Navigraph. They do state that their Garmins are compatible with Carenado aircraft and with RealSimGear. In fact, you can find pre-configured panel.cfg files for various aircraft in their forums.

RealSimGear is no different. They have their own web site, they have telephone support, and on their web site they even have a chat icon in the lower right-hand corner where you can chat directly with their support. How can you beat that for support. They have everything you can possibly need on their site to help you get it up and running, from a page with all of the installers needed for any sim, to pre-made config files, to complete instructions for every step of the way, and even all kinds of tips to help you troubleshoot any issues.

The only real requirement is for you to take the time to carefully READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. They do have config files that are specific to each version of whatever sim you are using, so you do have to be careful that you use the right ones, but their instructions clearly tell you what ones to use. Just read them carefully.

I can honestly understand why you were banned, and had your negative comments removed. They serve no merit. You are hurting their reputation only because you didn't take the time to research what you were having problems with, and reach out for help in other ways. Instead you chose to act out your frustrations by bashing the developers of this software and hardware. That will not help you in any way.

Instead, what you could have done is post your problems in any of the many flight sim forums available, Google and research Reality-XP and RealSimGear, and you would have found a wealth of resources to help you figure out how to get things up and running on your system.

As for the Reality-XP coupons, and being able to "open" them, again, Google is your friend. Mine came in the form of a .zip file, that once extracted, had the coupon files. You don't "open" these files, you merely point the browser to them when you go to check-out. I don't think Reality-XP and RealSimGear are connected, but they do work perfectly together.

I have had my setup for almost a year now and have had no issues whatsoever. I know it is easy to take your frustrations to social media and bash the heck out of the developers you are having issues with. But that doesn't help you at all, does it? Instead, you can use social media to your advantage by posting the exact issues you are having, and I'm sure more than one person will recognize what your issue is and HELP you through it.

If you are still having issues with your setup and would like to get it up and running properly, I will be more than happy to help you myself. I have Reality-XP in FSX, P3Dv3,4,and 5, and X-Plane11, so I can help you in any sim that you need. Don't give up. We are here to help you.

Edited by RXP
formatting paragraphs
  • Like 1