Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Engine Start Switches at approach SOP2/Button

Hi Bryan,

In addition to my remarks re:center fuel tank pumps I also have a malfunction with the engine start switches ever since installing FS2Crew 4.1. On all the approaches i did in P3Dv5HF2 and PMDG's 737NGXu after installing this latest version, the first officer simply doesn.t switch the engine start switches to continuous after flaps are set to 15, landing gear is down and the spoilers are armed. As with the central fuel pumps, this works perfectly in P3Dv4.5HF2. Pilot error? Don't know, what might I have done wrong? FYI, all settings in FS2Crew P3Dv5 are the same as in FS2Crew P3Dv4.5 as are the sim's settings as well. Do you have any ideas what might go wrong here?

Thanks,

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

OK, same question here as with the fuel pumps 🙂 Why did it work in the previous version and not in this one? I assume you didn't change anything to the coding? What are the conditions for having the engine start switches being set by the FO at final approach? I assume the speed brakess should be armed, flaps set to 15 and gear down? Right?

Thanks,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Hi Hans,

Nothing changed in this area at least on FS2Crew's side.  The last update was quite minor.

For SOP 1 and 2, the FO should set the start switch to Continuous if the plane does not have auto ignition when you call for gear down, and the engine is not detected as dead.

Any idea what might be the cause that this does not happen with my 737 NGXu? (Will "gear down" suffice to trigger the switch to CONT?).

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Posted (edited)

The only thing I can think of is you have 'automatic ignition' selected in your equipment options.

If there's an Auto position on the switch, it should stay in auto.

And saying Gear Down is the trigger during approach.

Edited by byork

I'll double check and recheck it. WIll keep you posted tomorrow.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Mea culpa! The option indeed was set to AUTO. Changed it right away. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe