Sign in to follow this  
Guest robains

I don't need to know that you won't purchase FSX.

Guest SanH

boshar, you are well wide of the mark.lost of people critisize the sim including myself. its not what we are arguing about. its about people posting just to say they are not buying the sim. loads of posts stating that are of no interest to me. i want to read what FSX users are saying. i read more of the "fsx is bad" posts than the good because i like to see what other people think of the sim.as for the issues, its a little ridiculous to expect FSX to have more functionality than FS9 + the million addons created for it. i remember the issues when FS9 come out. how many people were complaining about FS9 bridges being in the water??p.s. before anyone writes why its so "hostile" or why we are "arguing" over this or that - we are not! - this is lively discussion over two different versions of FS which is quite enjoyable and informative :)

Guest tdragger

>Besides, posting here, KNOWING that the ACES team will receive>the message, seems eminently more sensible than taking the>anonymous route through tell_fs.Not sure of your point, Allcott. Maybe you meant to say the opposite?? Only a handful of people on the team read AvSim posts and there are thousands of them. Heck, I don't even read them all so it's likely a post here will simply fall through the cracks.OTOH, the tell_fs emails get forwarded to a large and diverse group within the studio and beyond, are archived, and, so far, there are fairly few of them. So, if your intent really is to have people make their voices heard to us then the email route is way, way more effective.My $0.02.(And FWIW I think it's okay to post whatever the moderators will allow. I can skip what I don't feel like reading. Besides, if people get fed up there are other places on the web that aren't quite so noisy.)

"Good, so in turn stop posting how much you love FS and that you bought it. You like it fine, but posting something along the lines of "I love it, so meh" doesn't do much but make you look like a 5 year old.Turn around is fair play. Your post (and other posts like yours) is equally as worthless as those posts you wish to repremand, can you not see this? And it adds another thread of no use to the forum in the same fashion that you are complaining about in the first place!Has the world gone mad????"VERY WELL SAID.by that this thread should be closed...

Guest tdragger

<>Perhaps because the footage used was shot back in something like April before any of the performance work was done. It's from the same archive as the stuff we used for E3, I believe.

Guest AOA

LMAOJust that TV ad alone make me want to pass on FSX.Good job developers!!!!Oops sorry another not getting FSX post.;)Pete

>FS-X has low fps, has a half abandoned landclass sytem that>makes the whole planet a desert, makes landbridges in rivers>by design and doesn't run smooth unless butchered so you won't>use most of its selling points. You need to activate this>software but somethimes you can't and sometimes a small driver>switch make you loose activation>Looks to me the same with the introduction of FS9 :-lol :-lol :-lolSearch the archives here...I think a great function of this forum is to get the most out of FSX and to share experience with each other.... positive or negative...If you want to tell I don't buy it be polite and sent MS an Email...I prefer the spirit of helping fellow simmers to get to most out of Flightsimming instead of complaining or attacking people....The most funny thing is there are quit a few that have a lot of opinions but don't have the product....I can at least say what I like and don't but I think as with the introduction of FS9 we had the same stories of the same people that think FS9 with add-on stuff is great :-lol just search in the archives here...I've see even attack people over a screenshot they have made of FSX...Most of the time I fly at Fl200 or higher (767-300ER lol) but also GA and the platform is great for it...I'm happy with the new platform and it will be stunning with the new add-ons over the months...Andr

André

I think Jimbofly should stfu already. Thank you for your cooperation.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest juan_v

>If you want to drive that point do so to the MS team via>email. There are so many posts proclaiming that people won't>buy FSX. Why would you post that you're not going to buy>something? You don't like it that's fine, but posting>something along the lines of "I won't buy it so meh!" doesn't>do much but make you look like a 5 year old.>>Hey, guess what? I bought it! So meh!! Enjoy the inferior>flight modelling offered by FS9 with it's unrealistic>turbulence and lack of ground effect.>>That is all.>>JamesI don't need to know that you won't post here :-lol :-hah *:-*

Guest Tingoose

Poor old Jimbofly can't cope with someone telling him his beloved game ain't up to it. There, there now, don't get yourself into a stew, "it's only a game." Jimbofly, I've told you before, you gotta crticise if something ain't right. How else can someone improve something. Even if the flight dynamics are improved there is a lot more to MSFS than flight dynamics. This forum is read by Aces. Seems a good place to inform them of problems

>Poor old Jimbofly can't cope with someone telling him his>beloved game ain't up to it. There, there now, don't get>yourself into a stew, "it's only a game." Jimbofly, I've>told you before, you gotta crticise if something ain't right. >How else can someone improve something. Even if the flight>dynamics are improved there is a lot more to MSFS than flight>dynamics. This forum is read by Aces. Seems a good place to>inform them of problemsI'm just curious do you have the game installed or bought?Andr

André

Guest FxF3

I well be glad when the forums get back to normal without all the petty back in forth. I do agree with the OP why do we need to know that your not buying FSX?Now if you have bought it and have complaints or real issues not things like why can't I run it on my 486 25mhz Packard Bell, my first IBM clone computer used as an example. :-) Then we should hear that and try to help. Even with the start off the FS9 forums some off you guys still come back in here and bash FSX for no real reason.

So again I guess we were lied to. It's been said throughout all FSX's development that Aces reads these forums. All team members want to know what the customers think. This very community was the ones contacted to put monitoring software on their systems for Aces to track how we use FS. Now suddenly they could care less. Now, I can tell by the performance and the new feature list somebody's not listening but to contradict years of information stating otherwise is crazy.TDragger I don't what you guys do or don

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest robains

I do like the turbulance in FSX, but again ActiveSky & FS9 still does a better job. You'll need to be more specific on "ground effect".But I'm not sure what your post means in terms of 5 year olds? Does that mean your post is more like a 2 year old? Not sure why you'd have issues with folks who post saying they will not by FSX?

"Even with the start off the FS9 forums some off you guys still come back in here and bash FSX for no real reason."Can you prove this??? I'd like you to find one thread I started bashing FS9 when it came out. If you can't do that I'd like you to find someone else who bashed FS9 and then turned around and bashed FSX...One good correlation of bad version of FS I've found is FS2000 had no shadows for aircraft. That was major back then... Fast forward to FSX in 2006 and you find no dusk/dawn lighting accept at airports. This may be little to some but it makes me laugh. Both FS2k2 and FS9 didn't have missing features comparable to this. How could a seasoned development team leave this kind of thing out??? You put performance along with many other issues and it amazes me what some will fall for and actually come in here and defend. I just hope they get the dusk lighting issue fixed before I buy this thing a year from now... :-lol

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest FxF3

"I just hope they get the dusk lighting issue fixed before I buy this thing in a year from now... "Its been pointed out that they may not be a bug after all."Can you prove this??? I'd like you to find one thread I started bashing FS9 when it came out. If you can't do that I'd like you to find someone else who bashed FS9 and then turned around and bashed FSX..."You did not understand my statment. The Fs9 forum was restated a few days ago. I was not speaking of the old one when FS9 was new.This issues are really pointless. The OP just stated that he really has no reason to hear why your not buying FSX. I understand why hes saying that because every thread like this starts off with bad feelings from both sides it seems. They should just lock some threads because no good becomes of them.:(