Sign in to follow this  
kt069

ATC Tower View

I am wondering, if there will be a possibility again, to have the tower ATC view in the sim ? (as it was possible in FSX).

Edited by kt069
  • Like 1

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

We don't know, and we have no indication it will be in there. For a mid-term perspective I surely hope for such functionality, as for an instructor station. That would be great and add up a ton of new possibilities especially for advanced or professional users.

• Like 2

Agree 100%. Seriously lacking without Tower view and free cam view. I'm not talking about this "drone" concept either. I like the free cam view they have in XPlane where you can put cam on runway or anywhere and just observe.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Iraq War Veteran said:

Agree 100%. Seriously lacking without Tower view and free cam view. I'm not talking about this "drone" concept either. I like the free cam view they have in XPlane where you can put cam on runway or anywhere and just observe.

ATC Tower View is someting different from the cameras. This is where the ATC controlls all the aircrafts at the airport. This function was available in FSX for the player as an "ATC Controller" and we are hoping to have it again in MSFS2020.

On the other hand, free camera view is possible in MSFS with drone. You can position the drone camera on the runway or anywhere, and play with "Follow" and " Lock" functions to observe the aircraft approaches and fly-by.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, Iraq War Veteran said:

Drone is a free camera - you can use it to do whatever you want (tethered or untethered to the plane).  Great to do walk arounds and virtually visit the area you just flew into.

Works really well with an Xbox controller.  I keep one on the desk just for the drone

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As pointed out you can position the Drone camera inside the tower and then Lock it.

However Tower view in FSX did a lot more than just give you a view from the tower.

• Like 1

There is a post about this on the official 2020 site....upvote it and it may get ASOBO's attention. I used the FSX ATC function all the time in multiplayer, it was a hoot!

• Like 1

Jay

11 hours ago, kt069 said:

ATC Tower View is someting different from the cameras. This is where the ATC controlls all the aircrafts at the airport. This function was available in FSX and we are hoping to have it again in MSFS2020.

On the other hand, free camera view is possible in MSFS with drone. You can position the drone camera on the runway or anywhere, and play with "Follow" and " Trace" functions to observe the aircraft approaches and fly-by.

It was really good to see and hear ATC comms and especially good for beginers to learn the traffic communications while they see. Of coure there are possibilities but in sim option is the best.

2 hours ago, PIC007 said:

There is a post about this on the official 2020 site....upvote it and it may get ASOBO's attention. I used the FSX ATC function all the time in multiplayer, it was a hoot!

I could not find the related post. Can you please link it here, if you can ? Thank you.

4 minutes ago, PIC007 said:

Ah ok but this is about the views only (which is already available via drone views.)

I thought this was about having the ATC Controller option again in MSFS.

I'm amazed Asobo does not exploit the right mouse button drop-down menu for actions like...fly-by, tower view, top-down vies, etc etc etc.  I use middle button to zoom so the right button is just wasted FMPOV.  Suggesting you can use the drone camera to create fly-by views is just a sad excuse for KISS.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X