Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

"Press any key" followed by CTD: ucrtbase.dll

1 minute ago, aktorsyl said:

Haha we're 100% on the same page - I tried those first last night, then the official ones 😛 

Awesome, at least you've done all you can do I reckon. I would probably also, just for good measure, throw in the early DirectX redist; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

After that, probably best to wait and hear from their support. Does sound like you're not alone. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Actually, updating windows to version 2004 did the trick for me. I used to be on 1901 (I guess).

Good luck to you all!

Hello all,

I have been having the same problem and was finally able to fix it!

How to fix it:

Install the English (United states)” language pack under language settings in windows.

Hopefully this can help you guys out!

Thanks Lorenz!

I registered with this board especially to let you know that you fixed my (last?) problem with installing FS2020!

Thank you very much for your golden tip!

The only problem that I still seem to have is that my deluxe and premium deluxe packages are still not available in my store.

In the mean time I'll manage with the standard version ;-)

Thanx again!

8 hours ago, lorenz129 said:

Hello all,

How to fix it:

Install the English (United states)” language pack under language settings in windows.

Thanks, that worked for me.  I have been fighting this "press any key" problem for many hours.

Now I am downloading. 

4 hours ago, BigBadFred said:

Thanks Lorenz!

I registered with this board especially to let you know that you fixed my (last?) problem with installing FS2020!

Thank you very much for your golden tip!

The only problem that I still seem to have is that my deluxe and premium deluxe packages are still not available in my store.

In the mean time I'll manage with the standard version 😉

Thanx again!

i heard someoen say . these are available via the ingame store.

10 hours ago, lorenz129 said:

Hello all,

How to fix it:

You absolute champion, you.

Works perfectly 😄

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Ok so making this post as a new member as after 2 days of trials and tribulations I finally managed to get the download going. I tried absolutely everything and was getting the ucrtbase.dll crash on the 'Press Any Key' screen

What fixed it for me was essentially not having my wireless keyboard and mouse USB dongle or xbox gamepad attached. I used a remote connection from my laptop to my desktop to install and launch the game with no USB devices other than my wifi attached. It then finally didn't crash and the long 91GB download has begun.

Not saying it is absolutely the reason why it worked but after over 20 download and launch attempts using every other solution I could find online this is what got it going.

18 hours ago, wim123 said:

i heard someoen say . these are available via the ingame store.

Yep, after installing I saw that they were installed as well, even though Windows Store still says that they are not available.