Sign in to follow this  
aktorsyl

"Press any key" followed by CTD: ucrtbase.dll

So this is happening...

I get the "Press any key" message in the launcher, after which it just crashes to desktop. Event Viewer says that the faulting module name is ucrtbase.dll.

After googling the issue I installed the Windows 10 SDK and all the VC++ redistributables to see if that fixes it, but no luck. Also tried running the launcher as Administrator, but same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Edited by aktorsyl

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Maybe try deleting the installer, it may be corrupted

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

5 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Maybe try deleting the installer, it may be corrupted

Tried that too - uninstalled FS2020 (the 990mb launcher) from the xbox app and reinstalled it - no luck 😞

Also did all Windows Updates now (there was just 1 cumulative update for Windows 10 build 2004, not a very big one)

Edited by aktorsyl

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

CTD... a "fun activity" I was hoping not to experience in FS2020.

Is there a realism option to uncheck CTD?  😊

• Like 1

Have you updated your windows 10 to the version 1900 and later? Build 19041.450 here.
Maybe it's just that 🙂

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

Yeah Windows is on build 2004.

I see on the official forums a few people are experiencing this issue too 😞

3 hours ago, aktorsyl said:

I installed the Windows 10 SDK and all the VC++ redistributables to see if that fixes it, but no luck

Confirm: redistributables from here ?

Pick "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019", x64 is the most important. Pick x86 too, just in case. Reboot PC after install.

Note: it fixed ucrtbase.dll for me, in the past. It does some kind of Registry cleaning.

Edited by Emerson67

I have the same. Tried everything from the official pages and from here. Still nothing. Windows Update to version 2004 just running - hope that helps.

Event Viewer shows crashes of FlightSimulator.exe in ucrtbase.dll

6 hours ago, Emerson67 said:

Confirm: redistributables from here ?

Pick "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019", x64 is the most important. Pick x86 too, just in case. Reboot PC after install.

Note: it fixed ucrtbase.dll for me, in the past. It does some kind of Registry cleaning.

Yup those are the ones I tried.

1 hour ago, clemens42 said:

I have the same. Tried everything from the official pages and from here. Still nothing. Windows Update to version 2004 just running - hope that helps.

Event Viewer shows crashes of FlightSimulator.exe in ucrtbase.dll

installed version 2004 does not help(

Just now, Mirach said:

Submit a request to MSFS support here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new maybe they can help

Yup, I did 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aktorsyl said:

Yup those are the ones I tried.

Try downloading TechSpot's redist package, that covers them all, back to the 2005 versions. Even includes a .bat file to install them all in order, automatically. 

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6776-visual-c-redistributable-package.html

Even if it doesn't work, it's a good tool to have with fresh installations of Windows or when you want to make sure everything is up to date 🙂

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Try downloading TechSpot's redist package, that covers them all, back to the 2005 versions. Even includes a .bat file to install them all in order, automatically. 

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6776-visual-c-redistributable-package.html

Even if it doesn't work, it's a good tool to have with fresh installations of Windows or when you want to make sure everything is up to date 🙂

Haha we're 100% on the same page - I tried those first last night, then the official ones 😛 

• Like 1