Sign in to follow this  
hugow1

Downloads the same file again and again

1 hour ago, smells697 said:

So after spending a whole day working through this download looping issue, and trying every single remedy out there so far, using Surfshark VPN and connecting to the seattle server actually worked. It took about 8 hours to download but it never looped once, I am not sure if using Surfshark VPN and the Seattle server is the only fix but it definitely worked for me. 

Will try it in the morning, I have a VPN

Update, Just tried NordVPN and no luck, Tried USA, Canada, Germany and OZ, So i am at the mercy of MS 

I think you might have already tried this but what fixed this same issue with the same file for me was just moving the install location to another location in the Microsoft flight sim app data folder which just reset the whole download and i saw it go through the fs base patch crossing my fingers and it worked

i have been in MS chat for 80 minutes, still getting fobbed off,

Here is the chat from Tuesday

• I cannot install the new MS Flightsim

• We think this should answer your question. If you still need help, let us know and we'll connect you with an expert.

Puspa
    Puspa
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS ADVISOR

Hi I hope you are doing well. I understand you are having issues with game installation.

**PC is not recognized as a device?**

Now worries try this out.

read more
  • No, I still need help

• No worries, we’ll connect you with an expert right away. If you need to leave, we’ll notify you as soon as you get an answer.

• The installer crashes all the time and unable to install

• Sonia
    Sonia
    1738 Answers • 99% Helpful

Hello Malcolm,
    I am Sonia, Independent Windows Advisor.
    Here to help you.
    Hope you are doing well today.
    This issue with download of flight simulator is occurring a lot from yesterday. It is an server issue and it will fixed soon.

• So that is why my installer keeps crashing

• Sonia
    Sonia

Yes.

• I can download the installer , But once i start the installer it crashes after it says , Press any button to start

• So try again tomorrow

• Sonia
    Sonia

It starts while downloading flight simulator only?

• When you first start the download, It downloads the installer and then it tells you to start the game, When the game opens , it then tells me to press any key to start and the window just shuts down

• Sonia
    Sonia

Yes it is server issue. Your game isn't available to authenticate with the servers that's why it is happening. Wait one or two days as it is saying.

• Ok, Will wait

• Thank you

• Sonia
    Sonia

Ok Malcolm,
    Thats great!
    If you have any another queries,you can ask me.
    If you like my work, you are free to rate me.
    Thank you.

•  

Sonia marked this question as resolved. Do you agree?

• Yes, end chat

•  

Glad you got your answer!
    If you need more help, you can always ask a new question.

•  

Happy with Sonia's answer?

I can smell a load of poo from MS , They are fobbing me off, Told one thing, But the new agent is saying that he cannot help me

From MS Chat 

Malcolm I do not want to be rude as possible, let me correct some information with you. 

Sonia is a Microsoft Windows MVP Support which has a much higher update access and knowledge than what we currently have and that is from our Microsoft Community site which everyone has access to.

We already checked using me and my supports access on our internal bulletins (Updates) and we do not see any emerging issues regarding the Flight Simulation 2020 app. 
August 20, 2020, 11:29 am
  • Like 2

MS tells me that Sonia was a Bot from a third party site and told not to use it again!!!  ,  Now i have to contact Xbox and to explain to them the issue. Anyone else getting any further forward ? 

Can someone please help me, my download is stuck at "fs-base-0.1.16.fspackage.002", it keeps repeating on the same file, and I've reinstall it for like 5 times now.

Good luck on getting a refund.  I applied for a refund the same day as the release after many hour of trying to get MSFS 2020 to download and install.  The response I received was, "

We can’t provide a refund to this request. It’s been longer than our refund policy allows for digital game products. Thanks for understanding.".  There is a link to the refund policy page and here is what you see, " Hey, what happened to this page?".  Cute to say the least.  😃

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Format

Bill  N7IBG     

This guy as saved my will to live

Followed step by step without trying the sim and it worked. Thank you MS windows tech help for NOTHING and Xbox who never phoned me back, Waste of time.

Looks like you have to do a lot of looking to find solutions, Just need to get my joystick sorted and i will be flying tomorrow  

• Like 1

I am having this problem also. it doesn't matter what file. it looks like the connection drops and comes back and it restarts the file it was on.

I pay for basic game pass membership and intially was able to download the game overnight on the 18th or 19 of august easily and then play. my mistake was giving them money for one of the other versions and this is when the issues started.  Got my money back and now trying to re download the whole thing again after uninstalling it

I'm beginning to think the download servers are broken in some way.

It might be a stupid idea but what if we have someone who has fixed it, send the missing files to us and try to restart the game, and it might reconize the files and finished the download.

i dont know if it would work

5 hours ago, Kristian said:

Using Express VPN did the trick for me 🙂

Great tip!  I'm about 5 time further into the install then I've gotten before and that's in about 30 minutes.  I have been trying to install this sim for 5 days now but my hopes are up now.  😉  Thank you.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG